The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Any Updates from Amy Busby lately?

Forums General Melanoma Community Any Updates from Amy Busby lately?

Participant

n/t

n/t

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        killmel
        Participant

I was thinking of Amy as well. I hope we hear from Amy and that she is doing well on IPI. Mary

Amy Busby
            Participant

Thanks for checking on me!  I just got home from San Antonio where I had my 3rd round of ipi.  I'll do scans after number 4.  I haven't had anything new or dramatic going on, so I am assuming that things are going fine.  I haven't had too much trouble with the ipi – maybe a little more fatigue.  I am having trouble with pain from skeletal mets and some mobility issues with that also.  Going to try to line up some PT maybe a walker or scooter this week.  Had to bump up my pain management strategies.  Going with fentenyl patches first to see if that will do the trick.  I'll let you know how it goes! 

Sadly I lost one of my closest melanoma buddies while I was away for Thanksgiving.  Deven Martin was a wonderful man – a supportive friend, a loving husband, and a dedicated father of 2 young kids (elem. school ages).  I was asked by the Anderson Network to act as a support / mentor to him when he was dx 4 or 5 years ago.  What a wonderful blessing that turned out to be for both of us.  Dennis and I were also able to become very close to his lovely wife Ramanda as they traveled back and forth between Houston and Lake Charles for his treatments.  Deven had a painful struggle but he always tried to put his family first and fight as hard as he could.  I know their strong Christian faith will help Ramanda and their kids.  Knowing Deven is at peace – no longer at the mercy of melanoma but celebrating his eternal victory is a big confort to me, and them of course.

I am so thankful to once again be beating the odds and living my life in spite of this horrible monster invading my body & my life.  I never dreamed I'd still be here all this time later after recurring in 2009.  Well look what's around the corner – 2011!

Love,

Amy

Nancy
              Participant

Amy- You are always so upbeat —

Soon you'll be in 2011 then 2012 then 2013 and on and on–I wish you the best…

Stay strong.

Nancy (Buddy's wife)

Nancy
                Participant

Amy- You are always so upbeat —

Soon you'll be in 2011 then 2012 then 2013 and on and on–I wish you the best…

Stay strong.

Nancy (Buddy's wife)

King
                  Participant

Amy,

I offer you my sincere sympathy in the loss of your friend, Deven.  How very sad.

And I know what's going on with you…mostly through Facebook.  You and your family are so inspiring.

One day at a time…

Stay Strong
                    King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                    Participant

Amy,

I offer you my sincere sympathy in the loss of your friend, Deven.  How very sad.

And I know what's going on with you…mostly through Facebook.  You and your family are so inspiring.

One day at a time…

Stay Strong
                      King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

jag
                      Participant

Amy, great to hear from you.  I will say a prayer that ipi does it's job.

God Bless

John 

jag
                        Participant

Amy, great to hear from you.  I will say a prayer that ipi does it's job.

God Bless

John 

Tim–MRF

Amy, great to hear from you, and I am glad ipi is going smoothly for you.  I know I speak for a lot of folks in saying I appreciate the update and am very pleased with the positive report.

Sorry to hear about Deven.  I just sent an email to one of our board members talking about all the great people we have lost this year.  It is always good to know we have a lot of warriors still in the fight.

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF

Amy, great to hear from you, and I am glad ipi is going smoothly for you.  I know I speak for a lot of folks in saying I appreciate the update and am very pleased with the positive report.

Sorry to hear about Deven.  I just sent an email to one of our board members talking about all the great people we have lost this year.  It is always good to know we have a lot of warriors still in the fight.

Tim–MRF

Amy Busby
                              Participant

Thanks for checking on me!  I just got home from San Antonio where I had my 3rd round of ipi.  I'll do scans after number 4.  I haven't had anything new or dramatic going on, so I am assuming that things are going fine.  I haven't had too much trouble with the ipi – maybe a little more fatigue.  I am having trouble with pain from skeletal mets and some mobility issues with that also.  Going to try to line up some PT maybe a walker or scooter this week.  Had to bump up my pain management strategies.  Going with fentenyl patches first to see if that will do the trick.  I'll let you know how it goes! 

Sadly I lost one of my closest melanoma buddies while I was away for Thanksgiving.  Deven Martin was a wonderful man – a supportive friend, a loving husband, and a dedicated father of 2 young kids (elem. school ages).  I was asked by the Anderson Network to act as a support / mentor to him when he was dx 4 or 5 years ago.  What a wonderful blessing that turned out to be for both of us.  Dennis and I were also able to become very close to his lovely wife Ramanda as they traveled back and forth between Houston and Lake Charles for his treatments.  Deven had a painful struggle but he always tried to put his family first and fight as hard as he could.  I know their strong Christian faith will help Ramanda and their kids.  Knowing Deven is at peace – no longer at the mercy of melanoma but celebrating his eternal victory is a big confort to me, and them of course.

I am so thankful to once again be beating the odds and living my life in spite of this horrible monster invading my body & my life.  I never dreamed I'd still be here all this time later after recurring in 2009.  Well look what's around the corner – 2011!

Love,

Amy

killmel
                              Participant

I was thinking of Amy as well. I hope we hear from Amy and that she is doing well on IPI. Mary

NancyD
                                Participant

Amy,

As always, you are quite an inspiration, both with your faith and your commitment to fighting the fight!  Love and miss you friend.

Nancy D

NancyD
                                  Participant

Amy,

As always, you are quite an inspiration, both with your faith and your commitment to fighting the fight!  Love and miss you friend.

Nancy D

Viewing 3 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics