The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Any suggestions for weight loss and fatigue

Forums General Melanoma Community Any suggestions for weight loss and fatigue

Participant
      I’ve lost 30 pounds since starting ipi/nivo due to loss of appetite and stomach issues and also have severe fatigue? The fatigue may be contributed to depression from feeling crummy. Anyone try cbd or thc or anything else to help put weight on?
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Edwin
        Participant
          After my 1st ipi/nivo infusion I lost too much weight. I met with my cancer center dietitian. I ate more calorie dense food. I switched from skim milk to whole milk. I ate as much ice cream as I liked. I ate more often. After 9 weeks I had regained enough weight to receive my 2nd ipi/nivo infusion.
          Christinad
          Participant
            Hi Edwin, was your weight loss due to specific symptoms you were having?
              Edwin
              Participant
                I had nausea and diarrhea.
              Threefitty
              Participant

How Many Times a Day Do Hobbits Eat?

Breakfast – 7 a.m.

Second Breakfast – 9 a.m.

Elevenses – 11 a.m.

Luncheon – 1 p.m.

Afternoon Tea – 3 p.m.

Dinner – 6 p.m.

Supper – 9 p.m.

Never miss Second Breakfast. Seriously, I have to work at eating. Will live on any food that satisfies like McD’s, even though that is not my ususal go to.
                  Christinad
                  Participant
                    Hi Edwin,

I tried a milkshake last night and added carnation instant breakfast for added calories. Got about half of it down. I ended up getting sick a few hours later but I think I retained most of it. Will try it again tonight. This very well be my go to drink. Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

Christinad
                    Participant
                      Oh my kudos to you for being able to eat every few hours. I’m still working on eating two small meals a day. Nausea makes it very difficult along with the stomach cramps that follow. Who knows maybe I’ll work myself up to a McD’s appetite 🙂 that would be amazing! Wish me luck.
                      RhondaF
                      Participant
                        The doctor should be able to give you something for the nausea.  My husband was dealing with nausea and couldn’t eat. His tsh was off. They changed it. I bought him protein drinks which helped and nutrient dense foods. I also made fruit smoothies with whole milk, yogurt, whey protein, & frozen fruit.

Hope this helps.

R

Viewing 2 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics