The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Anxious about an acral spot that was present for 15 years

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Anxious about an acral spot that was present for 15 years

Participant
      Hello
      I have been having an acral mole since puberty; it means 15 years ago. I have always thought it was something normal until i have started learning about skin cancers and stuff.
      After making research on the internet it seemed to me like an acral nevus or probably a dysplastic nevus (mainly because of its size 10 mm)
      As far as i remember, it never changed since it had appeared and it never caused any problems.

Thanks

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Browny89
        Participant
          More information :
          – My skin is type 3 (light brown)
          – the normal tiny moles in my body don’t exceed 30.
          – I have no big nevus apart from the one mentioned
          – no one in my family (close or far) has any history of skin cancers
          Julie in SoCal
          Participant

Welcome Browny89!

Glad you're here.  I've found this to be a wonderful place of knowledge and support.  I tryst you will find the same!

About your mole, no one can diagnose you mole just by looking at it –not even a derm and especially not the internet.  If you are concerned about the mole make an appointment with a dermatologist and have them look at it.  While they can't diagnose the mole (that can only really by done by a biopsy) their experience can give you indications.  And if you're still concerned about it have it biopsied.  That's really the only way to know.

You're on the right track.  Be mindful of your skin.  Look for any black sheep (looks different than all the rest) and any change. 

Peace!

Julie

Browny89
              Participant
                Thanks my dear. Much love
              MelanomaMike
              Participant
                Hi browny89, sorry to meet you under these circumstances but, “You” may “not” even be MRF worthy anyways! And that’s GOOD news! Unless ya just wanna hang out after your told its non-cancerous? More then welcome!
                Anyways, get yer butt to a Dermatologists asap! Do not wait! It can change everything about how yer treated “if” its Melanoma! come Monday Please call ok?..Mike…
                  Browny89
                  Participant
                    Thanks. I will get my butt to a der
              Viewing 2 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics