The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Anti-PDL-1 study? Update on Dave

Forums General Melanoma Community Anti-PDL-1 study? Update on Dave

Participant

While researching Dave's next step for treatment, I came across this study for MDX-1105.  I'm wondering if anybody out there is on this trial….NCT00729664 

While researching Dave's next step for treatment, I came across this study for MDX-1105.  I'm wondering if anybody out there is on this trial….NCT00729664 

On a side note, Dave's vision improved (after being blind for a week after IL-2) but everything still looks "dark".  He's on 80mg of prednisone and was hoping to stop taking it after his vision returned to normal, but that doesn't seem to be the case yet.  He's still unable to drive.  Even if he does end up being a responder to IL-2, he probably won't do another course.  He goes for scans on 10/25 and  sees Dr. Khushalani on the 10/26 for his results.  Who knows, maybe if he had a good response we can keep it stable for awhile and at least get Dave through hunting season without having to do any treatment.  Of course, that depends on his vision improving as well.  Ugh…

Best wishes to all,

Maria

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        MariaH
        Participant

Geez, I posted it anonymous by accident again.  It's MariaH.

MariaH
          Participant

Geez, I posted it anonymous by accident again.  It's MariaH.

ValinMtl
            Participant

Keeping Dave and his caregiver in my prayers always.  I pray his scans and results see a turn around in October.  Val xx

ValinMtl
              Participant

Keeping Dave and his caregiver in my prayers always.  I pray his scans and results see a turn around in October.  Val xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics