The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Anti PD-1 Trials

Forums General Melanoma Community Anti PD-1 Trials

Participant

Does anyone know of possible anti PD-1 trial openings for patients previously treated with IPI? 

We are in Indianapolis so anywhere within an 8 hour drive would be best.

What is the best link to use for the most updated, easy to read information on current trials?

Thanks for your help. 
      Lisa

Does anyone know of possible anti PD-1 trial openings for patients previously treated with IPI? 

We are in Indianapolis so anywhere within an 8 hour drive would be best.

What is the best link to use for the most updated, easy to read information on current trials?

Thanks for your help. 
      Lisa

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Replies
        Fen
        Participant

http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/

I know you're looking for something more specific, but the search function on the site is pretty good.

good luck!

Fen
          Participant

I know you're looking for something more specific, but the search function on the site is pretty good.

good luck!

Fen
            Participant

good luck!

kylez
              Participant

Lisa, I discovered that this web site (MRF) has a very good clinical trial finder service — run by a third party, emergingMed. I tried it once and was very impressed with the quality and level of follow-up. You can enter your criteria or talk to them on the phone, then they will search for you and get back to you. They seemed very good at both the entrance criteria and sleuthing out trials — in my brief experience. See http://www.emergingmed.com/networks/MRF/

Also, over on another site, MIF, Catherine Poole keeps very close tabs on different Anti-PD1 trials, through her contacts with clinicians and pharmas. For example see this posting, and contact info too, http://www.z2systems.com/mif/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=34105. 

These are over and above clicking around on clinicaltrials.gov, I think both of the approaches above could be helpful supplements to your own research on, say, clinicaltrials.gov

Good luck in your search — Kyle

kylez
                Participant

Lisa, I discovered that this web site (MRF) has a very good clinical trial finder service — run by a third party, emergingMed. I tried it once and was very impressed with the quality and level of follow-up. You can enter your criteria or talk to them on the phone, then they will search for you and get back to you. They seemed very good at both the entrance criteria and sleuthing out trials — in my brief experience. See http://www.emergingmed.com/networks/MRF/

Also, over on another site, MIF, Catherine Poole keeps very close tabs on different Anti-PD1 trials, through her contacts with clinicians and pharmas. For example see this posting, and contact info too, http://www.z2systems.com/mif/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=34105. 

These are over and above clicking around on clinicaltrials.gov, I think both of the approaches above could be helpful supplements to your own research on, say, clinicaltrials.gov

kylez
                  Participant

Erinmay22
                    Participant
                      Most of the trials now are for those that failed ipi. I took ipi first and then started anti-pd1 at Sloan Kettering. I’m doing the phase 1 Merck. I have had 5 doses so far.

Best of luck!

Jaryllane
                        Participant

Hi Erinmay. I am anticipating starting the Merck anti-PD1 trial in a few weeks.  Right now still waiting for tumor to get to 1cm so needle biopsy can be done.  Next scan on May 14.  I haven't had ipi or any other chemo for melanoma, just surgery for a lung tumor last July.  Can you please tell me what your experience with theMerck  trial drug has been so far?  How are you tolerating the drug?  Are you on a two-week or three-week cycle?  Are you experiencing side effects?

Really appreciate any information you want to share.

Jaryllane
                          Participant

Hi Erinmay. I am anticipating starting the Merck anti-PD1 trial in a few weeks.  Right now still waiting for tumor to get to 1cm so needle biopsy can be done.  Next scan on May 14.  I haven't had ipi or any other chemo for melanoma, just surgery for a lung tumor last July.  Can you please tell me what your experience with theMerck  trial drug has been so far?  How are you tolerating the drug?  Are you on a two-week or three-week cycle?  Are you experiencing side effects?

Jaryllane
                            Participant

Erinmay22
                            Participant
                              Most of the trials now are for those that failed ipi. I took ipi first and then started anti-pd1 at Sloan Kettering. I’m doing the phase 1 Merck. I have had 5 doses so far.

Best of luck!

Erinmay22
                              Participant

Best of luck!

bblapril
                                Participant

I know this is far to travel however my husband is on the trial at The Angeles Clinic in Los Angeles and the Dr. recently told us they are acccepting patients for the AntiPD1 trial….it is always worth a call!

The Angeles Clinic Dr. Omid Hamid 310-231-2121

bblapril
                                  Participant

I know this is far to travel however my husband is on the trial at The Angeles Clinic in Los Angeles and the Dr. recently told us they are acccepting patients for the AntiPD1 trial….it is always worth a call!

bblapril
                                    Participant

lrkg1234
                                      Participant

Thanks everyone.  So helpful!

Well there was progress today.  He has an appointment set now at MD Anderson the 9th for the official big scans, brain & body after the IPI.  Then we will see what they have to offer.

On the 29th we go see Dr. Puzanov again at Vanderbilt.  I learned a lot from everyone here and the research nurse at Vanderbilt about what was needed for the trials. 

1.   No brain mets for a month. 

2.  No temodor for a month.

3.  No IPI for 6 weeks. 

4.  Progression of disease after 6 week IPI scan. 

Hopefull me posting this can help someone else. Good to know.  Now we wait and see what the scans bring.

Lisa

lrkg1234
                                        Participant

Well there was progress today.  He has an appointment set now at MD Anderson the 9th for the official big scans, brain & body after the IPI.  Then we will see what they have to offer.

On the 29th we go see Dr. Puzanov again at Vanderbilt.  I learned a lot from everyone here and the research nurse at Vanderbilt about what was needed for the trials. 

3.  No IPI for 6 weeks. 

Hopefull me posting this can help someone else. Good to know.  Now we wait and see what the scans bring.

Lisa

lrkg1234
                                          Participant

3.  No IPI for 6 weeks. 

Lisa

audgator
                                            Participant

Lisa, I failed ipi & I'm on the anti-PD1 trial at Moffitt in Tampa.

Dan

audgator
                                              Participant

Dan

lsv12
                                                  Participant

Dan,

Hi, my name is Lois Velardi, my husband also undergoes treatment at Moffitt.  We have been going since Jan 2012. My husband started on the trial for Zelboraf which stopped working after 9 months.  He was then placed on the ipi trial this past Jan. and like you nothing showed shrinkage after 4 doses.  They have now recommended the anti-PD1 trial. We are unsure of the what to do .  Your results are however reassuring.  The trial does have randomization with chemo. Is this the trial you are on?  

lsv12
                                                    Participant

Dan,

Hi, my name is Lois Velardi, my husband also undergoes treatment at Moffitt.  We have been going since Jan 2012. My husband started on the trial for Zelboraf which stopped working after 9 months.  He was then placed on the ipi trial this past Jan. and like you nothing showed shrinkage after 4 doses.  They have now recommended the anti-PD1 trial. We are unsure of the what to do .  Your results are however reassuring.  The trial does have randomization with chemo. Is this the trial you are on?  

lsv12
                                                      Participant

Dan,

audgator
                                                      Participant

Dan

chrisannca
                                                        Participant

Hi Lisa:

PD-1 Antibody Phase I Study of Single Agent MK-3475 in Patients with Progressive Locally Advanced or Metastatic Carcinomas and Melanoma is now open.

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01295827

Unfortunately nothing is showing up in the Midwest.

I was treated with IPI and Braf and am now consenting for the above clinical trial in Los Angeles.

I lived in Indianapolis from 1976 to 1995…college at Ball State.

I hope you have found a good treatment.  Stay in touch.

This drug is worth traveling for…..

ChrisAnn

[email protected]

chrisannca
                                                          Participant

Hi Lisa:

PD-1 Antibody Phase I Study of Single Agent MK-3475 in Patients with Progressive Locally Advanced or Metastatic Carcinomas and Melanoma is now open.

I was treated with IPI and Braf and am now consenting for the above clinical trial in Los Angeles.

ChrisAnn

[email protected]

chrisannca
                                                            Participant

Hi Lisa:

ChrisAnn

[email protected]

chrisannca
                                                              Participant

Hi Lisa:

ChrisAnn

[email protected]

chrisannca
                                                                Participant

Hi Lisa:

ChrisAnn

[email protected]

chrisannca
                                                                  Participant

Hi Lisa:

ChrisAnn

[email protected]

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics