The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Anti PD-1 test

Forums General Melanoma Community Anti PD-1 test

Participant

I have noticed  that on the Keytruda commercial currently being shown on the CBS, the patient mentioned that she had been tested for anti PD-1 and was found positive, therefore she was Keytruda responder.

I am curious if any of you melanoma warriors have been tested for anti-PD1 prior to starting immunotherapy /both Ipi/Nivo or Nivo and Pembro alone/ ?

Logically does the absence of the anti-PD1 marker imply that a patient would be non-responder to the immunotherapy?

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Julie in SoCal
        Participant

Hi Anon,

I was tested as a part of my non-small cell lung cancer protocol.  Turns out I only have a 5% expression in my lung tumor.  While I was on Pembro, though, I watched my in-transit tumors melt away.  So I don't know what the deal is.  

Shalom,

Julie

adrianc
            Participant

Txs for taking the time,Julie

ed williams
            Participant

Hi Anon, the short answer is no, Pd-L1 + doesn't mean that you will repond vs if you are pd-L1- but Pd-L1+ do better as a % of total patients in trials. I have two links for you if you are interested, the first one covers melanoma and Non small cell lung cancer, while the second link is specific to decision making in  Melanoma based on Pd-L1 status. Best Wishes!!! Ed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y1nnTsFBoE  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvB8cZj_qeI

adrianc
                Participant

Thank you for your reply,Ed.

UBContributor
                  Participant

thank u for explanation, much better than in those large articles, lol

Viewing 1 reply thread
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics