- February 4, 2019 at 8:54 pm
Yep, here I sit, doing what I've been doing — waiting. This time it's waiting for 30 days after my brain radiation to screen for another trial, probably the anti IL-8 trial.
Of course I've been scouring the internet for info about the trial and the new antibody they're testing. I've heard really nothing about anybody else going through this trial except for a post here by GeoTony (I think?). Dr. Sharfman told me back in December that they are "very excited about this trial." After doing my digging I found out why. In the phase 1 trial, a very small cohort of 15 tolerated the medicine (BMS-986253) with minor or no adverse effects, even at the highest dose levels. But most important — the trial produced a reduction in IL-8 levels, and administered as a monotherapy 11 of the 15 patients achieved stable disease and progression free survival at 24 weeks was 73%.
They're hoping this antibody, administered with a PD-1, will bring about renewed response in those who had a partial or no response to a PD-1 in the past. A link to the abstract is below.
This may be the answer those of us hanging on to those last few threads at the end of our rope have been waiting for.
- February 5, 2019 at 2:48 am
Do you have another 30 days to wait from now, or will you know sooner? I am very interested in this approach and hopeful for you, it does sound promising and targeted to your case (and might be useful for many of us on this board)
Please keep us posted. I may not always be able to reply because of the captchas but i will always be reading what you post and thinking of you
best wishes Mark
- February 5, 2019 at 1:54 pm
I'm about halfway through my 30 day wait now. I got my order for the follow up MRI in the mail yesterday. That's on the 18th. Dr. Sharfman wanted me to call him about a week before, so he could "get things rolling" with the screening process, so I'll phone his office at the start of next week.
If everything is stable inside my cabeza, the other item I'll have to clear to get through the screening is the serum IL-8 level. If it's not elevated I won't get in. Kind of a two edged sword, hoping for an elevated IL-8 level, as I've read that correlates with poor prognosis.
- February 5, 2019 at 5:11 pm
I have my appontment with the trial team on Monday, then its bloodwork to test for IL-8, if its elevated all good to go, baseline scans, biopsy, ekg, etc, etc. Then treatment, I'll let you know how this progresses up here in Vancouver.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.