The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Another good visit to Duke

Forums General Melanoma Community Another good visit to Duke

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Fen.
    Participant

Les had her first post-surgery follow-up visit to Dr Tyler yesterday.  After two weeks, to drain is still producing too much for it to be removed, so that was put off for another two weeks.  He did mention that the lapro surgery tended to drain more and longer, so he was not surprised.  The drain site is a little inflamed, so antibiotics were prescribed to clear up a slight infection.  Dr. Tyler stripped the drain tubing to get the stringy clot out.  The tubing looked great afterwards, but the drain was pretty gross with the coiled up clot in it.  He also said that it was OK to strip it carefully at home, too.  Anyway, to best news was the pathology report.  All removed lymph nodes were CLEAN!  With that said, Les is pretty certain that she will not be doing the Interferon treatment.  We'll ask about periodic scans, etc. when we go back for the drain removal and leg measurements.

She went back to work one week after the surgery, and felt great at first.  She felt progressivly worse as the week went on, but never felt really bad.  Mainly a tightness in her leg, and some "Tylenol" level pain.  Much better than how the 'open incision' surgery was described.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        BrianP
        Participant

Great news.  Very happy for you guys.  I know she'll be happy to have that drain removed.  I couldn't wait to get mine out.

BrianP
          Participant

Great news.  Very happy for you guys.  I know she'll be happy to have that drain removed.  I couldn't wait to get mine out.

BrianP
            Participant

Fen
              Participant

Absolutely wonderful news!  Those darn drains are a pain but I hope when it comes out Leslie's recovery will be rapid and uneventful.  Fen

Fen
                Participant

Absolutely wonderful news!  Those darn drains are a pain but I hope when it comes out Leslie's recovery will be rapid and uneventful.  Fen

Fen
                  Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics