The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

announcing my pre-mature

Forums General Melanoma Community announcing my pre-mature

Participant
      death

my immo cost $400,000 or more start to finish.

with the death of ACA comes my inability to get insurance at any price.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        mrbill16323
        Participant
          For you and all the others facing impossible situations, I’m voting Blue up and down the ballot. In this wealthy country, we should not accept a system that puts people in bankruptcy while they try to do the right thing by their family and fight for their life.
          kentuckycat
          Participant
            I am not recommending or endorsing either presidential candidate, but everything I have read both sides have said they want to keep the pre existing condition provision that is part of the ACA. So if you believe what is being said, even if the ACA is repealed, those with preexisting conditions can still get health insurance.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/09/24/trump-to-sign-executive-orders-on-preexisting-conditions-surprise-medical-billing.html

mrbill16323
              Participant
                Let’s see…I’ll take the bird in the hand, rather than “trust” a maybe…what if…we promise, with no proposed health care approach to replace ACA. No thanks. As well, saying those with pre-existing conditions can still “get” health insurance is not the same as what is currently designed in the ACA. There would be eroded protections for those with pre-existing conditions, or priced with less coverage and higher costs.
                tkoss
                Participant
                  if you get HI thru your employer insurer’s will go back to lifetime limits and kids will not be allowed to stay on parents plans.

if one party had in mind to protect pre-existing conditions we would have heard it by now.

in fact what is before the court is a total repeal of all aspects of the ACA.

this is what one Senator has to say about it: https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/9/29/1981785/-Sen-Cornyn-gets-torched-after-dismissing-report-that-1-million-Texans-could-lose-health-insurance

i was looking at my statement from Ambetter, $17,000 a session for Nivo. that’s x 24. of course there it the other column of what the insurer pays and its $7600, Again x 24.
                  I have a question, will HC provider charge me $17,000 or $7600? wither way its hundreds of thousands of dollars.

do you wonder how much tax dollars were used to develop ipi, nivo, premb? would you believe $200M? my tax dollars go to develop drugs i cannot access if ACA is repealed!

tkoss
                  Participant
                    a better article on what will happen if ACA is repealed. it isn’t pretty and it isn’t necessarily protections for pre-existing conditions. Texas never adopted medicaid mandate so some 800,000 Texans don’ have the same HC access as Louisiana or Oklahoma. IOW denial of Medicaid expansion in Texas entirely a function of the party in control.

one issue left out of discussions is that repeal of ACA would also remove ACA taxes on wealthy , and adds up to an average of $198,000 tax savings for the 1%’ers.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/09/25/texas-affordable-care-act-supreme-court/?utm_campaign=trib-social&utm_content=1601301261&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Viewing 1 reply thread
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics