The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

ankle swelling with tafinlar/mek combo

Forums General Melanoma Community ankle swelling with tafinlar/mek combo

Participant

Has anyone had ankle swelling on these drugs? Is this something to be concerned over? Thanks for the input.     Nell

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        rosa1
        Participant

i never did when I was taking these drugs, but I know you need to tell your doctor. I remember he would always check for any swelling on my ankles everytime I saw him.

rosa1
          Participant

i never did when I was taking these drugs, but I know you need to tell your doctor. I remember he would always check for any swelling on my ankles everytime I saw him.

rosa1
            Participant

jamieth29
              Participant
                My doctor always checked my ankles also even before braf inhibitors the reason they told me is it can be a sign of blood clots.
                  soniashields
                  Participant

My mom has been on Tafinlar/Mek combo for quite some time and she always usually has some sort of joint swelling. They have checked her for blood clots, which she has never had. Seems to be more "accepted" as a possible side effect of the meds. In the beginning she was told that it was not a documented side effect.

soniashields
                    Participant

My mom has been on Tafinlar/Mek combo for quite some time and she always usually has some sort of joint swelling. They have checked her for blood clots, which she has never had. Seems to be more "accepted" as a possible side effect of the meds. In the beginning she was told that it was not a documented side effect.

soniashields
                      Participant

jamieth29
                      Participant
                        My doctor always checked my ankles also even before braf inhibitors the reason they told me is it can be a sign of blood clots.
                        jamieth29
                        Participant
                      Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics