The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Ankle lump

Forums General Melanoma Community Ankle lump

Participant
      Hello all,

I have had a ankle lump for the last 6 months, went for an ultrasound yesterday. The sonogrphy guy said he did not know what the lump was and would need to refer me. Two hours later the doc calls and said he would refer me on a two week referral. Looking at my notes after the call is stated suspected sarcoma. What is the relation to MM with sarcoma? I have had a dull ache in my groin for weeks and thought nothing of it, but feeling my inner thigh it feels swollen.

I am very nervous and anxious, has anyone else had the same experience?

Mandy

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          So sorry you are having to go through this, Mandy. Unfortunately, no doctor, much less any of us here, can tell you what you are dealing with until a biopsy is done and the pathology report is returned. It sounds as though the radiologist referred you because you have a lump that on film is something he is worried about. Sarcoma can be a specific cancer type, but it is a term that is often used to describe a broad group of tumors that may be in the bone or soft tissue. So….it looks like your radiologist looked at the ultrasound and was “suspicious” of your lump being some sort of tumor. Until you get a biopsy you won’t know what sort of cancer you are dealing with or even IF you are dealing with any sort of cancer. I know all that is not terribly comforting, and it is hard, but we just have to take these things one step at a time. Hang in there. I am sure you will get answers – and if need be – a good treatment plan as well. I will keep my fingers crossed for the best possible results from your referral and whatever your docs think you need to do next. yours, celeste
            MLD1973
            Participant
              Thank you so much Bubbles for your reply, I suppose I am looking for answers before I can get them x
              Newmanbell
              Participant
                Please let me know how you make out. My husband is Stage 3b and he noticed a month or so ago a bump on his ankle. He has been thinking it is a pump bump. Is your round and hard?

Donna

MLD1973
                Participant
                  Hi Donna, I will let you know. My lump is hard and does not move, but is painful if I press is. I would get your husband to have it examined x
                  Newmanbell
                  Participant
                    Thank you. Mark has a scan next week and they are going to check it out. My husband called the doc today and said my wife is concerned! Thanks to your post. I will let you know how we make out.
                    MLD1973
                    Participant
                      Fingers crossed al will be good for your husband x
                      Butterfly74
                      Participant
                        Hi Mandy
                        Thinking of you and wishing you all the best with your referral. I know it’s hard not to worry and is an anxious time, take care.
                        Victoria xx
                        MLD1973
                        Participant
                          Thank you Victoria x
                    Viewing 0 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics