The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

…and now I have COVID

Forums General Melanoma Community …and now I have COVID

Participant
      For those following along my crazy August 2020 journey, I wanted to share that after taking my pre-biopsy screening on Monday, last night I was diagnosed with COVID!!! Despite FIVE months of quarantining with a toddler at home alllllll the time while also trying to work full-time. I have not even been to a grocery store since March 13, so how I have contracted COVID is a total mystery to me!

Luckily, I’m not currently dealing with any symptoms from that and in the end it will only push out when I’m getting my biopsy results by 8 days, so I’m trying to be optimistic, but oh what a month!

On a positive note, after experiencing weeks of stomach pain, yesterday I woke up pain free and was able to eat three full meals, take a walk at a metro park (didn’t know I have COVID yet!), chase after my toddler and mow the lawn! By some miracle, I also feel great today. I’m letting this mentally reaffirm for me that these new lesions are not melanoma and instead something else benign and boring! Fingers crossed!

Thank you for following along on my journey, it’s been helpful to have a place to share the details with those who know the chaos of Melanoma.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        gopher38
        Participant
          pfffff. covid smovid. It’s going to take more than that to stop you.
          Baby_Girl
          Participant
            Oh my! I hope your Covid symptoms are mild and manageable. Thank you for sharing your story with us and giving updates. Praying the biopsy is negative for melanoma!
        Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics