The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

And for those of you who got the skin rash…

Forums General Melanoma Community And for those of you who got the skin rash…

Participant
      Do you recall for how long you had if?
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          Hey Cindy,

Though I took nivo as a single agent, I developed a rash within the fist couple of doses. It lasted throughout the 2 1/2 years of my trial and recurred in waves – all gradually decreasing – for over a year afterwards. I began to develop vitiligo as well, to the point that it was significant by my third month of treatment. Understand that this was in the early months of 2011. Before even ipi was FDA approved. We have learned a great deal since then. While we know that vitiligo is a positive sign of a good prognosis, the development of a rash is too! You can see the research documenting this here: https://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2020/07/skin-rashes-vitiligo-and-prognosis-when.html

The rash was less than fun, but I lived! HA! I fear I cannot give you any amazing way of dealing with it. Gentle lotions and some topical OTC hydrocortisone cream was the best treatment I found. Tepid baths with things like soothing colloidal oatmeal and even baking soda gave temporary comfort. Others may chime in with other solutions. Of course, if absolutely required side effects that cannot be tolerated can be treated with oral steroids and, at times, a drug holiday.

I wish you my best. celeste

sing123
            Participant
              Thank you! It is improving with Aveeno colloidal and some tea tree oil mixed in.
              THMoore
              Participant
                Cindy how are you feeling? Any other side effects yet.

Thx
                Trent

THMoore
                Participant
                  Miss Cindy,
                  Forgot. How long before each infusion and did they scan before you started. Or will they scan early?
            Viewing 0 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics