The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

All’s well that ends well…

Forums General Melanoma Community All’s well that ends well…

Participant

My son's  wedding was cancelled …as of Thursday. All that remains is for me to return tons of wedding prep/ gift items and stay clear of the grumpy ex-groom. They are still engaged, but have put off the wedding until…who knows. They are still moving to D.C. Nov 1,   but they thought better of marriage at this time. Almost a month to the day. 

Whew! When it's right, it's right when it's bad…best to know ahead of time!  One less worry.

My son's  wedding was cancelled …as of Thursday. All that remains is for me to return tons of wedding prep/ gift items and stay clear of the grumpy ex-groom. They are still engaged, but have put off the wedding until…who knows. They are still moving to D.C. Nov 1,   but they thought better of marriage at this time. Almost a month to the day. 

Whew! When it's right, it's right when it's bad…best to know ahead of time!  One less worry.

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        LV
        Participant

Seems funny to say, but congrats! You must be so relieved.

LV
          Participant

Seems funny to say, but congrats! You must be so relieved.

Bonnie Lea
            Participant

and best of all no wedding equates to no blue shoes.  And weird everything…..  Our sons…..

Bonnie Lea
              Participant

and best of all no wedding equates to no blue shoes.  And weird everything…..  Our sons…..

bcl
                Participant

Oh goodie, now I get to tell you how much happier you made me feel about being a mob this May! Not telling the color of my daughter's shoes though; she might read and string me up!  (But I guarantee they'll be striking:)

bcl
                  Participant

Oh goodie, now I get to tell you how much happier you made me feel about being a mob this May! Not telling the color of my daughter's shoes though; she might read and string me up!  (But I guarantee they'll be striking:)

MarieM
                    Participant

I'll bet you feel sooo much better!  I know I would want one of my son's to be a bit more established in life. 24 seems so young now. They will KNOW when, IF, it is the right time.  Good for them! If it's meant to be…it will be. Gives her some time to change her mind on the shoes too! :~)

Love, Marie

TinaR
                        Participant

Thanks Ladies…I'm not happy if the young people are unhappy, but we'll all get over it. It wasn't right and as much as I tried to buy my way to happy, I just wasn't getting anything but a nagging ,hinky feeling about the situation.

I'm very jealous of your upcoming happy event, Linda! I want to see those shoes!!!!!!!  Good luck to your daughter! MOB is much better than MOG.

Roxanne

rtsmichele
                          Participant

Hmm??  I'm thinking they'll elope . . .

michele  ๐Ÿ™‚

TinaR
                            Participant

God forbid they elope. I believe he is moving back home…there goes my smell free house ๐Ÿ™  I'll have to invest in a filtered mask to clean the bathroom again…

TinaR
                              Participant

God forbid they elope. I believe he is moving back home…there goes my smell free house ๐Ÿ™  I'll have to invest in a filtered mask to clean the bathroom again…

rtsmichele
                                Participant

Hmm??  I'm thinking they'll elope . . .

michele  ๐Ÿ™‚

TinaR
                                  Participant

Thanks Ladies…I'm not happy if the young people are unhappy, but we'll all get over it. It wasn't right and as much as I tried to buy my way to happy, I just wasn't getting anything but a nagging ,hinky feeling about the situation.

I'm very jealous of your upcoming happy event, Linda! I want to see those shoes!!!!!!!  Good luck to your daughter! MOB is much better than MOG.

Roxanne

MarieM
                                  Participant

I'll bet you feel sooo much better!  I know I would want one of my son's to be a bit more established in life. 24 seems so young now. They will KNOW when, IF, it is the right time.  Good for them! If it's meant to be…it will be. Gives her some time to change her mind on the shoes too! :~)

Love, Marie

Viewing 7 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics