The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Airplane Flights

Forums General Melanoma Community Airplane Flights

Participant

I wonder if it's necessary to wear compression pants/shorts since I still have the seromas on my upper leg? I'm planning on wearing my bicycle shorts anyways tomorrow since I wouldn't want them to get larger again. Does anyone know if it's necessary to wear compression clothing forever once you've had lymph nodes removed?

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        SABKLYN
        Participant

I wore my compression stocking for about 8 months after my CLND.  Haven't had swelling since, and like you had a whopper of a seroma.  I think it depends on our physiology to some extent.

SABKLYN
          Participant

I wore my compression stocking for about 8 months after my CLND.  Haven't had swelling since, and like you had a whopper of a seroma.  I think it depends on our physiology to some extent.

SABKLYN
            Participant

SABKLYN
              Participant

SABKLYN
                Participant

SABKLYN
                  Participant

jennunicorn
                    Participant

With what you've gone through with the seromas I definitely would. When I flew in the summer, 8 months after my SLNB, I ended up getting really swollen ankles, my whole leg was swollen, but the ankle area is where most of it ended up. So I got compression socks and that helped. I also have a compression stocking that I wore on a road trip to help prevent that from happening again, and it did seem to help.

SABKLYN
                        Participant

Actually, I also wear a compression sock when I fly or if I'm going to be riding in a car for long periods.  I've noticed too that my ankle will swell somewhat….thankfully that's the extent of it for me…at least thus far

SABKLYN
                          Participant

Actually, I also wear a compression sock when I fly or if I'm going to be riding in a car for long periods.  I've noticed too that my ankle will swell somewhat….thankfully that's the extent of it for me…at least thus far

SABKLYN
                            Participant

jennunicorn
                            Participant

With what you've gone through with the seromas I definitely would. When I flew in the summer, 8 months after my SLNB, I ended up getting really swollen ankles, my whole leg was swollen, but the ankle area is where most of it ended up. So I got compression socks and that helped. I also have a compression stocking that I wore on a road trip to help prevent that from happening again, and it did seem to help.

jennunicorn
                              Participant

Aloha14
                                Participant

Thanks for the replies! I'll wear it. I'm also going to bring my ankle support as right after the surgery my ankle got swollen and that helped push the fluid back up. 

Aloha14
                                  Participant

Thanks for the replies! I'll wear it. I'm also going to bring my ankle support as right after the surgery my ankle got swollen and that helped push the fluid back up. 

Aloha14
                                    Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics