The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Advocates Needed to Help Ban Teens from Indoor Tanning

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Advocates Needed to Help Ban Teens from Indoor Tanning

Participant
      Help to prevent the risk of melanoma. Please sign my petition to the RI Legislature to support House Bill 5627 to prohibit minors under the age of eighteen from going to an indoor tanning facility without a Doctor's prescription. This bill failed last year due to lobbying from suntan parlor owners and the Indoor Tanning Association. Research shows that there is a 75% increase in the risk of melanoma from exposure to UV radiation from indoor tanning. In 2010, it was estimated that the indoor tanning industry generated 2.6 billion dollars. 
      My petition to stop skin cancer in ri is on the change.org website. You can access the link with http://www.change.org/petitions/stop-skin-cancer-in-ri. My husband was diagnosed with Stage III melanoma in 2006 and lost his courageous battle twenty months later. My thoughts and prayers reach out to each one of you touched by melanoma. Never give up and never give in.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics