The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Addition to my blabberings

Forums General Melanoma Community Addition to my blabberings

Participant

Picture this….   Today is Monday December 12th.  I was just nodding off for a early afternoon nap.  (in fact so darn lazy still was jammie-fied)  phone rings grab glasses and see that it is one of those  000-0000 numbers  I have learned to answer these.

Picture this….   Today is Monday December 12th.  I was just nodding off for a early afternoon nap.  (in fact so darn lazy still was jammie-fied)  phone rings grab glasses and see that it is one of those  000-0000 numbers  I have learned to answer these.

On Saturday December 10th I had a Neurology appt (remember guys and guyettes I have a VP shunt to help control NPH)  so  along with a brain bleed that happened last May…..I  have never quite regained my senses (I feel)  also moderate constant headache.  But with all this kidney cancer crap shunt problems are furthest from my mind.   SOOOO  my nice neuro guy makes up a request for CT scan of my addled brain.  Me thinks  well par for this course it be ages.  Breathe a sigh of relief.

So back to today….I answer phone..   tis the hobbithall that I am having the kidney thing done next month, and they asked if I could come in  at 1:00 pm. TODAY!    So I had to say  well, I have to call my husband to see if he can take me.  One no car for Bonnie, and plus I don't drive anymore.  So I do, and call them back.  Bob comes home leaving a BOAT IN THE SLINGS  (he was in the middle of hauling out a winterized boat that had caught fire last week)  he leaves said boat hanging,  tells the miserable owners he will be back.

we go to hobbithall,  I get the scan done,   lady pulls me out of machine after the initial scan  asks nicely   "when were you born?"  I answered  she pushes the button and back in I go….zap zap zap  out I roll,  she comes back asks me….did you just come from a doctors office?  (now I am getting worried)  I said well, I had appt on Saturday, they faxed the request today maybe.  She says well thats fine, you are done.

Home I come.  Here I am.  thinking a nap sounds good….but Dr. Phil is soon on here, and then comes Dr. Oz  so what to do what to do?  life of Bonnie.

SIGH!!!  I hope I am done withh appts till after christmas.  Tomorrow I have a GYN appt (scheduled last dec for just a check up)  if they find anything or send me for anything I will BLOW MY TOP!  Just kidding, I will remain calm, cool and collected as per.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        jag
        Participant

Bonnie, you could shame a Golden Retriever in terms of the most patient and friendly patients.  Me, I'm more of a skittish doberman.  

Good Luck w/the Gyn appt tommorow.

J.

BonnieLea
            Participant

John they are sooooo much cuter than I with those lovely blonde locks streaming in the wind.  When wind hits me and my white hair, I look quite like the snow queen on a bad day!   Unfort I am allowing fear to creep into me.  Must get it away and out.

Love Bonnie

BonnieLea
              Participant

John they are sooooo much cuter than I with those lovely blonde locks streaming in the wind.  When wind hits me and my white hair, I look quite like the snow queen on a bad day!   Unfort I am allowing fear to creep into me.  Must get it away and out.

Love Bonnie

BonnieLea
                Participant

Love Bonnie

jag
                Participant

Bonnie, you could shame a Golden Retriever in terms of the most patient and friendly patients.  Me, I'm more of a skittish doberman.  

J.

jag
                  Participant

J.

lhaley
                    Participant

You have been through so much…. but your husband needs to be a total angel!  

With the headaches that you have been having since the bleed. I've been on steroids now so long that they can't get me off of them!  Have you had the same issues?   I was down to 1mg last week and in trying to get it off quicker for this weekend because of family celebrations I ended up back to 4mgs again ๐Ÿ™      My grandbaby and on the same date is my sons MBA graduation.  My husband is worried for us to travel anyway.  I wouldn't miss this for anything!   Just might be a normal babbling idiot.  

I do hope that you have a good Christmas, the nuero doesn't find anything on you and also hope that the GYN just leaves with a smile.  

Be calm,

oh yeah, those of us with brain issues as well as the steroids have you realized how hard it is to type in the word verification to now post!!!  I think I have to type in at least a few times each time I post.

Linda

BonnieLea
                        Participant

Ah Linda

My brain problem is nothing to do with Melanoma.  It is from my brain not draining correctly.  So needed to have a Ventricular Perintoneal shunt (non programmable) installed back in 2007.  It had erred and that caused the brain bleed when it withdrew too much fluid at one point.   Eventually they will put in a programmable, and can adjust without surgery should anything go wrong.

Had been diagnosed with Normal Pressure Hydrachephalus which normally affects older by far folks but at my age then of 57 either I was beginning to have early onset demetia or ALZ so was so relieved in a way that it is NPH.  No steroids.  I think if ever I had to do them, I would be the round lady of Canada and instead of getting a passport, I could be easily bounced across the Lake to the USA.

I also sometimes have problems posted that verification and rather like when it shows math problems  (thus far dead easy ones) 

Since I have not recieved an emerg call from neuro (unlike in May when the CT scan showed the subderal thing)  I am assuming I am ok brain wise.  Just maybe more dead cells than what is to be expected.  The GYN was over concerned at my various cancers, but we wont know the results from the PAP for a few more weeks.  I do not expect any problems in that area.

I cannot believe Chrisstmas is almost here.  No snow, just rain and mild weather for here that is.  Bt I dont mind, spent too many years having too much snow.

Love Bonnie

BonnieLea
                          Participant

Ah Linda

My brain problem is nothing to do with Melanoma.  It is from my brain not draining correctly.  So needed to have a Ventricular Perintoneal shunt (non programmable) installed back in 2007.  It had erred and that caused the brain bleed when it withdrew too much fluid at one point.   Eventually they will put in a programmable, and can adjust without surgery should anything go wrong.

Had been diagnosed with Normal Pressure Hydrachephalus which normally affects older by far folks but at my age then of 57 either I was beginning to have early onset demetia or ALZ so was so relieved in a way that it is NPH.  No steroids.  I think if ever I had to do them, I would be the round lady of Canada and instead of getting a passport, I could be easily bounced across the Lake to the USA.

I also sometimes have problems posted that verification and rather like when it shows math problems  (thus far dead easy ones) 

Since I have not recieved an emerg call from neuro (unlike in May when the CT scan showed the subderal thing)  I am assuming I am ok brain wise.  Just maybe more dead cells than what is to be expected.  The GYN was over concerned at my various cancers, but we wont know the results from the PAP for a few more weeks.  I do not expect any problems in that area.

I cannot believe Chrisstmas is almost here.  No snow, just rain and mild weather for here that is.  Bt I dont mind, spent too many years having too much snow.

Love Bonnie

BonnieLea
                            Participant

Ah Linda

Love Bonnie

lhaley
                            Participant

With the headaches that you have been having since the bleed. I've been on steroids now so long that they can't get me off of them!  Have you had the same issues?   I was down to 1mg last week and in trying to get it off quicker for this weekend because of family celebrations I ended up back to 4mgs again ๐Ÿ™      My grandbaby and on the same date is my sons MBA graduation.  My husband is worried for us to travel anyway.  I wouldn't miss this for anything!   Just might be a normal babbling idiot.  

I do hope that you have a good Christmas, the nuero doesn't find anything on you and also hope that the GYN just leaves with a smile.  

Be calm,

oh yeah, those of us with brain issues as well as the steroids have you realized how hard it is to type in the word verification to now post!!!  I think I have to type in at least a few times each time I post.

Linda

lhaley
                              Participant

Be calm,

Linda

Viewing 5 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics