The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Action packed thriller

Forums General Melanoma Community Action packed thriller

Participant

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bonnie Lea
        Participant

Oh John, this had everything….. first I felt bad for first kitty,  birdies being soooo mean, and the black one just sitting by watching.   Then the ruckus of the century began.   so you get a different emotion…then the finale…. tail pulling and all. thanks for making me burst into laughter, and now I just have to show me hubby.

MarieM
            Participant

I didn't like this at all. I HATE to see any fighting. Why couldn't the video taper break it up???? Huh??? Poor kitty. (And I'm not even a cat person!)  Guess who got a new PUPPY????? I'll let her post it. :~)

Marie

jag
              Participant

Oh c'mon Marie, you know that is the animal equivalent of the old Dark Side, you loved it.

jag
                Participant

Oh c'mon Marie, you know that is the animal equivalent of the old Dark Side, you loved it.

MarieM
                  Participant

I didn't like this at all. I HATE to see any fighting. Why couldn't the video taper break it up???? Huh??? Poor kitty. (And I'm not even a cat person!)  Guess who got a new PUPPY????? I'll let her post it. :~)

Marie

Bonnie Lea
                    Participant

Well, my husband did not like it either.  The humour for me was strickly imagining what on earth those cats did to the birds in the first place.   The birds were the instigators from the viewpoint of the camera, though I imagine they came along and saw two probably Tom cats deciding who was king of the road.

The way the birds were acting, was like  you can see them saying  "Come on, give a left jab,  go for the tail, smack him down.  The cats at the one point prob would have finished the spat, but the bird got the tail and oh wow   I am a cat person, and my two are indoor cats, and I do not agree with outdoor cats being free.  But those birds……  True I worry about the cats.

dian in spokane
                      Participant

I was just amazed at how bold the birds were. Especially with a big old rolling catfight going on! I mean…have yall HEARD that kind of cat fight? there must have been yowling and hissing and spitting and growling going on. You'd think that would scare those birds away.

They were really relentless.

Bonnie Lea
                        Participant

Oh My….  several years ago, and for many years prior, our next door neighbour had 3 cats.  all male, all neutered.  But they were out door cats.  Between, them, and full toms which roam freely (grrrr)  and racoons adding to the mix, plus the odd skunk that would waltz through our back yard, letting us have a strong (make you taste it being soooo close to our house) eau de pepe la peww.

I don't think we have those type of crows here.  (I mean white and black ones)  but Blue Jays used to attack a neighbours cat who sought refuge on our front porch.  dive bombed him.  I always let him in to recover his sanity, but you KNOW he had been upsetting the birds.  tsk tsk.

dian in spokane
                          Participant

Bonnie, we don't have  crows like that here either. Someone told me they are called 'Hooded Crows" and that they are common in the British Isles.

dian in spokane
                            Participant

Bonnie, we don't have  crows like that here either. Someone told me they are called 'Hooded Crows" and that they are common in the British Isles.

Bonnie Lea
                              Participant

Oh My….  several years ago, and for many years prior, our next door neighbour had 3 cats.  all male, all neutered.  But they were out door cats.  Between, them, and full toms which roam freely (grrrr)  and racoons adding to the mix, plus the odd skunk that would waltz through our back yard, letting us have a strong (make you taste it being soooo close to our house) eau de pepe la peww.

I don't think we have those type of crows here.  (I mean white and black ones)  but Blue Jays used to attack a neighbours cat who sought refuge on our front porch.  dive bombed him.  I always let him in to recover his sanity, but you KNOW he had been upsetting the birds.  tsk tsk.

dian in spokane
                                Participant

I was just amazed at how bold the birds were. Especially with a big old rolling catfight going on! I mean…have yall HEARD that kind of cat fight? there must have been yowling and hissing and spitting and growling going on. You'd think that would scare those birds away.

They were really relentless.

Bonnie Lea
                                  Participant

Well, my husband did not like it either.  The humour for me was strickly imagining what on earth those cats did to the birds in the first place.   The birds were the instigators from the viewpoint of the camera, though I imagine they came along and saw two probably Tom cats deciding who was king of the road.

The way the birds were acting, was like  you can see them saying  "Come on, give a left jab,  go for the tail, smack him down.  The cats at the one point prob would have finished the spat, but the bird got the tail and oh wow   I am a cat person, and my two are indoor cats, and I do not agree with outdoor cats being free.  But those birds……  True I worry about the cats.

ChristineL
                                    Participant

John,

I loved it too, and although I don't know where you come up with this stuff, keep it comin'!

ChristineL

ChristineL
                                      Participant

John,

I loved it too, and although I don't know where you come up with this stuff, keep it comin'!

ChristineL

Bonnie Lea
                                      Participant

Oh John, this had everything….. first I felt bad for first kitty,  birdies being soooo mean, and the black one just sitting by watching.   Then the ruckus of the century began.   so you get a different emotion…then the finale…. tail pulling and all. thanks for making me burst into laughter, and now I just have to show me hubby.

bcl
                                        Participant

The fearlessness of the birds reminded me a bit of the vultures in the old wild west movies. I wonder if they live nearby and see the cats go at it often, or maybe the B&W cat ate their babies and it's payback time!  The crows in these parts have never bothered me much but we read of Hitchcock like dive bombings from time to time.. these ones sure know when it's safe to get close to a cat!

bcl
                                          Participant

The fearlessness of the birds reminded me a bit of the vultures in the old wild west movies. I wonder if they live nearby and see the cats go at it often, or maybe the B&W cat ate their babies and it's payback time!  The crows in these parts have never bothered me much but we read of Hitchcock like dive bombings from time to time.. these ones sure know when it's safe to get close to a cat!

Viewing 3 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics