The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Across TEN Aprils

Forums General Melanoma Community Across TEN Aprils

Participant
      Ten years ago today, I had the right upper lobe of my lung removed three days after having radiation to a brain met, all due to melanoma, diagnosed at Stage IIIb seven years prior.
      Today, I share these photos and my story, hoping that they provide some small joy, some spark of hope, a message of beauty and love, to those that are hurting. You are stronger than you think. And for all the pain and suffering – there is beauty ~ still.

http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2020/04/across-ten-aprils.html

Much love to each of you. les

Viewing 12 reply threads
    • Replies
        THMoore
        Participant
          Bubbles/Les,
          I want to thank you for not only posting your heart warning post of your journey with and through Melanoma but also for listening and talking to so many that are on the same journey. You truly are a Angel to all of us. Prayers, Hugs and Much love for you and your family for many more years. You are an inspiration to all of us.

Thank You from the bottom of my heart,
          Trent

Rob is grateful
          Participant
            Thanks Celeste for all of your kind words and encouragement to everyone on here, including me. You are certainly a wealth of knowledge and inspiration. To share what have you have learned and gained is a true act of kindness. Thank you
            Mark_DC
            Participant
              Celeste, you ROCK!!!
              AshleyS
              Participant
                Les,

You are awesome. In our family, “You rock the house,” is the highest compliment. You definitely rock the house!

Ashley

gopher38
                Participant
                  That’s quite a milestone. Enjoy the day.
                  tedtell1
                  Participant
                    Celeste;
                    Thanks so much for all you do! Here’s to another 20 plus years of growing beautiful flowers and sewing beautiful creations and enjoying your amazing family. I cannot put in to words how much your advice has helped me over the last couple of years as well as your indomitable spirit!
                    Ted
                    Tsvetochka
                    Participant
                      Thank you so much for sharing! Your flowers are beautiful, and so is your example to us. Spring is also a big part of my melanoma journey so far, but you show me what to dream about going forward.
                      lkb
                      Participant
                        Congratulations. Love backatacha.
                        SABKLYN
                        Participant
                          Thanks Celeste. Not only is your story an inspiration, but a reminder of how bravely you faced your battles and throughout how openly you shared information that would be vital to many. Your perseverance is our blessing as you are the u questioned Queen of our Melanoma Pirate Ship.
                          Julie in SoCal
                          Participant
                            Hey, Les!

I wish you could see the huge smile on my face as I read your blog. Looking back can bring gratefulness and hope. Your blog does both Thanks for taking the time.

Oh and the flowers are gorgeous!

Blessings,
                            Julie

jbronicki
                            Participant
                              Hi Les,

Words don’t really do justice to how highly we (myself and the entire community) hold you in esteem. You know I love my data, but i think it simply is impossible to calculate the “Les” effect on the melanoma community and patients that battle this disease. Your advanced advocacy, knowledgebase, committment (both time and information), information sharing, guidance are just overwhelming. We love you for it all. You remain my personal hero, rock on.

Sorry, I’ve not been able to check the forum much these past few months, needless to say that it’s been busy in the pulmonary clinical research realm….

BrianP
                              Participant
                                Thank you for posting Celeste. Happy 1oth April. Love the pics.
                                Brian
                                SOLE
                                Participant
                                  May you never experience any more cancer crap ever Les. Thanks for being a beacon in this night. M
                              Viewing 12 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics