The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

About pembro

Forums General Melanoma Community About pembro

Participant

Hi all! I am on pembro (EAP) since 6 days now. The first 3 days I was really bad, didn't come up from bed. Very much pain where my tumours are, swetting a lot and felt like having fever. Som itching too. But the fourth day when I woke up, the pain and itching was gone and I am really feeling well, better than for a long time. Has someone of you experienced the same?

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        arthurjedi007
        Participant

Yes. Except mine lasted for the first 10 days when I was on the keytruda. I felt groggy, some fevers, lots of fatigue. I was able to get up though but very woozy headed and tired, Then suddenly I woke up on day 11 and felt ok. Then I was on it for almost 12 months and occasionally I would have a minor fever up to 101 but that was about it for keytruda side affects for me. Sometimes I would get sever pain in a tumor spot. Never got the itching though. Nothing like the other meds so was very amazing to me.

Artie

Julie in SoCal
            Participant

Hi Inger,

Yes, I had the same thing.  My first 10 days on Pembro I was so tired and hurt so much I could barely move.  Then I woke up on the 11th day and everything was good.  It was the strangest thing.

I'm getting ready for my 5th infusion next week, and I haven't had any significant problems after any of the other infusions.  I was worried that all the infusions were going to be that way, but they're not.  Mostly I'm just tired afterward and sometimes a little achy.

But the best thing of this is that Pembro seems to be working.  I can't find any intransits anymore. So it's all good.

Peace,

Julie

Julie in SoCal
              Participant

Hi Inger,

Yes, I had the same thing.  My first 10 days on Pembro I was so tired and hurt so much I could barely move.  Then I woke up on the 11th day and everything was good.  It was the strangest thing.

I'm getting ready for my 5th infusion next week, and I haven't had any significant problems after any of the other infusions.  I was worried that all the infusions were going to be that way, but they're not.  Mostly I'm just tired afterward and sometimes a little achy.

But the best thing of this is that Pembro seems to be working.  I can't find any intransits anymore. So it's all good.

Peace,

Julie

Julie in SoCal
                Participant

Hi Inger,

Peace,

Julie

arthurjedi007
                Participant

Yes. Except mine lasted for the first 10 days when I was on the keytruda. I felt groggy, some fevers, lots of fatigue. I was able to get up though but very woozy headed and tired, Then suddenly I woke up on day 11 and felt ok. Then I was on it for almost 12 months and occasionally I would have a minor fever up to 101 but that was about it for keytruda side affects for me. Sometimes I would get sever pain in a tumor spot. Never got the itching though. Nothing like the other meds so was very amazing to me.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                  Participant

Artie

Ninniditti
                    Participant

Artie and Julie! Thanks a lot for your answers. It's nice to know you are not alone with your experiences!

tschmith
                        Participant

I had a fever at first and then about 8 days later I had a very itchy rash all over.  All of that stopped after the first infusion but then vitiligo developed.  Fatigue was a constant problem, however my response was good.  I am off Pembro now because it worked but have to be very careful in the sun…all covered up or I get a rash.  I get tired easily too, but I'm working out a lot.  It's been a great immunotherapy for me!  Hope it is for you too.

Terrie

tschmith
                          Participant

I had a fever at first and then about 8 days later I had a very itchy rash all over.  All of that stopped after the first infusion but then vitiligo developed.  Fatigue was a constant problem, however my response was good.  I am off Pembro now because it worked but have to be very careful in the sun…all covered up or I get a rash.  I get tired easily too, but I'm working out a lot.  It's been a great immunotherapy for me!  Hope it is for you too.

Terrie

tschmith
                            Participant

Terrie

Ninniditti
                            Participant

Artie and Julie! Thanks a lot for your answers. It's nice to know you are not alone with your experiences!

Ninniditti
                              Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics