The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

about not much

Forums General Melanoma Community about not much

Participant

Well…. I don't have that much to report.  same old same old.  Some new stuff happened in the family of Bonnie Lea.  But that is not my story.  Dotter has met Mr. Right….very nice guy.  Named Adam.  We will now have more holidays to celebrate.  He took myself and of course DD out for lunch a couple of weeks ago.  LOVELY DIM SUM and boy were we stuffed with stuff.  But oh so good.

Well…. I don't have that much to report.  same old same old.  Some new stuff happened in the family of Bonnie Lea.  But that is not my story.  Dotter has met Mr. Right….very nice guy.  Named Adam.  We will now have more holidays to celebrate.  He took myself and of course DD out for lunch a couple of weeks ago.  LOVELY DIM SUM and boy were we stuffed with stuff.  But oh so good.

I have met his mother.  more sort of 'out there'  than I could ever be.  (me being shy and all)  HMM  today we went for Ultra sound (DD) will get results in a week.  (complications arose from her recent surgery for nasty evil gall bladder, which went from siimple day surgery, (laprascopic) to ending up with full open surgery, and 4 days in hobbithall.  Now still in pain.  (me worries about tubes being left in as it came out way too easy…wouldnt that be a great thing?  but doctor insisted (after I nagged her)  to have US done.  She had it done today.

After we went for pedicures, and I am sporting brilliant pink toenails.  (now you have read all this, are you all excited?)  Going on a 4 hour each way visit tomorrow to see my mom who has been in respite sort of  (helps me out)  so I feel like a touch of Bonnie Lea and vice versa will do us good.  DH said he would drive all that way, and back  (8 hours all together) for the reuniion.  Mom is home after New Years, until later, when she normally goes.  I have many appts coming up in December and January…fingers crossed on all of them.  Alas none of them about new booozums.  I have decided to stop fretting and accept that it cannot be done.   Rather like the unboobness. hahah

Hope you all have a splendid holiday.  Soon Christmas will be upon us.  It will be just the 4 of us  Me, DH  and son and dotter.  Mom away, and things have happened so we are not 8 anymore, just us 4.  But all of us will be ok.

Hope this has helped stir things up for more posts.  Roxanne….keep up the chatter of recipes.  I LIKE EM!

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        TinaR
        Participant

Oh Bonnie….MR.RIGHT!! How exciting. How does she know he is Mr. Right? I think we need a list to give to our daughters so they know what is REALLY important. I've seen many a girl get all worked up about Mr. Wrong .  If we start young with a LIST and drum it into their heads from little girl on…

My friend had her gallbladder out and it didn't stop the problem that she was having and still has…it's been 10 years and she is still going. I hope they didn't see anything left in there. Hope all is well there…

Yes, Christmas is coming and I will definitely post more recipes. I'm glad you like them ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a safe trip to see your Mom ๐Ÿ™‚

TinaR
          Participant

Oh Bonnie….MR.RIGHT!! How exciting. How does she know he is Mr. Right? I think we need a list to give to our daughters so they know what is REALLY important. I've seen many a girl get all worked up about Mr. Wrong .  If we start young with a LIST and drum it into their heads from little girl on…

My friend had her gallbladder out and it didn't stop the problem that she was having and still has…it's been 10 years and she is still going. I hope they didn't see anything left in there. Hope all is well there…

Yes, Christmas is coming and I will definitely post more recipes. I'm glad you like them ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a safe trip to see your Mom ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics