The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

A board for spouses

Forums Caregiver Community A board for spouses

Participant

I am new to this board.  My husband is stage IV with a met on muscle around his small int.  He was diagnosed in Jan and was randomized into the TIL study at the NIH.  So far, they can't tell if the tumor is growing slowly or just changing shape.  We are deciding this week the next step to take- likely ipi.  Roy was feeling pretty good after release from hospital.  Two months later, he feels lousy.  He went from a rather normal existence with an afternoon doze to flat on his back on the couch most of the day.  Nothing seems to cheer him up.  D

I am new to this board.  My husband is stage IV with a met on muscle around his small int.  He was diagnosed in Jan and was randomized into the TIL study at the NIH.  So far, they can't tell if the tumor is growing slowly or just changing shape.  We are deciding this week the next step to take- likely ipi.  Roy was feeling pretty good after release from hospital.  Two months later, he feels lousy.  He went from a rather normal existence with an afternoon doze to flat on his back on the couch most of the day.  Nothing seems to cheer him up.  Docs said to expect him to go backwards, but we didn't expect it to be this terrible.  I've tried to be supportive, but find myself acting impatient and "witch-like" sometimes.  Is this the proper forum to vent about all of this, or is there a similar board for spouses/caregivers?  I love reading posts on this board.  Thank you for sharing all of your stories.  They all give inspiration in one way or another.  Thank you all!

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        WendyR3
        Participant

There's a caregiver forum on Melanoma International.org.  There are also forums for different stages of melanoma.  It's very hard to be the caregiver/spouse.  My husband has been fighting melanoma for 2 & 1/2 years, and is now home on hospice.  You'll find a lot of support on their website.  Good luck.

WendyR3
          Participant

There's a caregiver forum on Melanoma International.org.  There are also forums for different stages of melanoma.  It's very hard to be the caregiver/spouse.  My husband has been fighting melanoma for 2 & 1/2 years, and is now home on hospice.  You'll find a lot of support on their website.  Good luck.

WendyR3
            Participant

washoegal
              Participant

This board welcomes everyone.  We have certainly had a fair amount of caregiver share advice and benefit here.  You are welcome if you find it beneficial.

Mary

Stage 3

washoegal
                Participant

This board welcomes everyone.  We have certainly had a fair amount of caregiver share advice and benefit here.  You are welcome if you find it beneficial.

Mary

Stage 3

washoegal
                  Participant

Mary

Stage 3

FormerCaregiver
                    Participant

Welcome to our forum. I encourage you to fill in some info on the profile page that you may wish to create for your husband. This will help us to help you better.

You have certainly found a great forum where you can discuss any issue related to melanoma, and caring for anyone who is affected by it. There are some current and former caregivers here with varying degrees of forum involvement. In addition there are a small number of people who, as patients, continue to defy the odds and therefore give us reasons to hope that long-term remissions are possible.

Hope this helps

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                      Participant

Welcome to our forum. I encourage you to fill in some info on the profile page that you may wish to create for your husband. This will help us to help you better.

You have certainly found a great forum where you can discuss any issue related to melanoma, and caring for anyone who is affected by it. There are some current and former caregivers here with varying degrees of forum involvement. In addition there are a small number of people who, as patients, continue to defy the odds and therefore give us reasons to hope that long-term remissions are possible.

Hope this helps

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                        Participant

Hope this helps

Frank from Australia

Viewing 8 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics