The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

A bit of humor throughout this melanoma life…

Forums General Melanoma Community A bit of humor throughout this melanoma life…

Participant

My husband Mark, who is Stage 3b, had 3 infusions of ipi and cannot continue the 4th due to side affects is on a high dose of prednisone now and trying to start wean him off.  I read somewhere that this steroid is known as “Satan’s tic tac”.  I can certainly see why.  My husband who is never grouchy, wired, hyper, or weepy, is all of these things now.  I’ve never seen him talk so fast either! 

He was up all night typing like this mad professor finishing up a late project.  I asked him what he was doing and working on.  His comment is I am writing a story about all that I have been through with this cancer.  In the 26 years together, he has never done anything like this.   He said I don’t know if it is the drugs or what, but THIS will be the funniest story I have ever put together.  Mark has a great sense of humor so I really am anxious to see the final story!  Watching him furiously type, I may be retiring early due to his best seller….

You have to find some humor in all this.

Donna

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Sharon93065
        Participant

I am having to google to see what the abbreviations mean.

So far lpi is Yervoy

and Opdivo is divo?  I read these posts and have to google what the abbreviations stand for, soon I'll start learning to use them.

God Bless your sweet family for wha they are going thru.  Wow a whole month in the hospital. How hard that was for all of you for diarrhea?  Hang in there girl, you are doing a great job as a supportive wife. 

Has he asked to eat the whole pie yet?  I former husband passed from a aggressive brain cancer and did not  like sweets or pie.  But he would buy a pie and eat the whole thing. 

miaka618
          Participant
            I feel ya. My house was sparkling when I was on that stuff. If the side effects weren’t so unsightly I would still be sneaking in some pills. 😛
            Polymath
            Participant

Hi Donna,

Good for him.  A positive attitude, something to live for, and a dose of denial has brought me so much joy, and made me a better person while fighting the fight.  I appreciate moments, and embraced a newfound compassion for others.  Laughter truly is a wonderful medicine.

Gary

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics