The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

9 years NED stage IV

Forums General Melanoma Community 9 years NED stage IV

Participant

The best part is forgetting exactly when the anniversary date is LOL.  I am now 16 years past stage 2A and 9 years NED from stage IV.  Unfortunately my mom at 86 is now battling primary brain lymphoma after breast cancer and BCC, Squamous cell carcinoma.  Our family has beaten the odds, hope we will continue the trend.

Aloha,

Kim K

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Replies
        casagrayson
        Participant

Way to go, Kim!  You are a true melanoma warrior!!  I'm sorry about your Mom; I've been a caregiver to my elderly parents for over five years now, and it's not for the faint of heart.  Take good care of yourself.

AMcReader
          Participant

So happy to read this news this morning! Nine whole years NED, what a thing to celebrate!!

Wishing you forever NED status!

Rocco
            Participant

Congratulations, Kim!  Glad to know that you are  still well.  So sorry to hear that your Mom has to deal with  cancer as well.  Prayers for you both.

Rocco, Stage IV since 2005, NED since 2009, Ipi responder. 

Bubbles
              Participant

Congrats!!  And thanks!!!  For all the work and encouragement you provide here.  Sorry for what your mom is dealing with.  That's a tough draw…but fingers are crossed that she hang tough with the spirit of her daughter!!!  yours, c

cavsnut
                  Participant

Wow! That’s wonderful Kim, I wish the best for your mother as well in her journey 

Craig 

DZnDef
                  Participant

Nine years NED after Stage IV is truly impressive.  Congratulations!  I hope your Mom reaches NED status as well really soon.

Cheers!

Maggie

BrianP
                    Participant

Awesome Kim.  Thanks for posting.  Best wishes for your Mom's health.

Congrats Kim and sorry to hear about your Mom's battle.  I love your tag, especially "You can't fix stupid".  I've recently started telling people "I don't deal with stupid" when they aren't using their brains.

Good wishes to you.

Jennifer

Viewing 6 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics