The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

7 yr old fight!

Forums General Melanoma Community 7 yr old fight!

• Replies
      cfw9186
      Participant

I am on FB and I did like this page, my heart it breaking for this little child, how unfair and dirty can melanoma play……God bless Serena and her family, please Lord bless them with the grace to fight this battle hard and straight on.  

It is one thing for an adult, but a little child………..heaven help us.   Amen.

cfw9186
        Participant

I am on FB and I did like this page, my heart it breaking for this little child, how unfair and dirty can melanoma play……God bless Serena and her family, please Lord bless them with the grace to fight this battle hard and straight on.  

It is one thing for an adult, but a little child………..heaven help us.   Amen.

CLPrice31
          Participant

I saw this earlier…My heart is breaking for little Serena. Her biggest worry should be how to convince her parents to let her stay up past bedtime, not cancer… One good thing is that kids have an unusual ability to handle things that crush most adults. Prayers for Serena & family!

CLPrice31
            Participant

I saw this earlier…My heart is breaking for little Serena. Her biggest worry should be how to convince her parents to let her stay up past bedtime, not cancer… One good thing is that kids have an unusual ability to handle things that crush most adults. Prayers for Serena & family!

nicoli
              Participant

Surgery, chemicals, radiation. Sometimes I wonder how I have the strength to continue. I can't even imagine how a 7 year old can cope with this.

Please pray for Serena and her family. I truly can't even imagine.

Nicki, Stage 3b

nicoli
                Participant

Surgery, chemicals, radiation. Sometimes I wonder how I have the strength to continue. I can't even imagine how a 7 year old can cope with this.

Please pray for Serena and her family. I truly can't even imagine.

Nicki, Stage 3b

vivian
                  Participant

This is just heartbreaking!  It reminds me to be grateful for every minute that I have been alive and for every second my children have been on this earth.  Back in 2002, when I was recovering from my first cancer, I saw an interview with a boy named Mattie Stepanek.  He had muscular dystrophy and was dying.  His older brothers died from the same disease.  Mattie chose to write about his journey and published at least one book of poetry.  In the interview, he was asked if he ever questioned why this thing had happened to him.  HIs reply was something like, "Whenever I start to ask 'why me', I have to answer, 'why not me?'"  Oddly, that little boy's words got me through a really hard time.  I was 51 and he was 12 at the time.  He was much more of a grown-up than I at that point.  Prayers for Serena!!!

vivian
                    Participant

This is just heartbreaking!  It reminds me to be grateful for every minute that I have been alive and for every second my children have been on this earth.  Back in 2002, when I was recovering from my first cancer, I saw an interview with a boy named Mattie Stepanek.  He had muscular dystrophy and was dying.  His older brothers died from the same disease.  Mattie chose to write about his journey and published at least one book of poetry.  In the interview, he was asked if he ever questioned why this thing had happened to him.  HIs reply was something like, "Whenever I start to ask 'why me', I have to answer, 'why not me?'"  Oddly, that little boy's words got me through a really hard time.  I was 51 and he was 12 at the time.  He was much more of a grown-up than I at that point.  Prayers for Serena!!!

Carol Taylor
                      Participant

Did you see where a mother wrote on there offering support because her own 5 year old daughter is 3c?  I was stunned to learn young teenagers got this, but it's absolutely heartbreaking to see children 5 & 7, and you know there are others, with this. As of this morning 116 are supoorting this family. While I hate what brought us together, the community of people with melanoma are wonderful people.

Grace and peace to all,

Carol

Carol Taylor
                        Participant

Did you see where a mother wrote on there offering support because her own 5 year old daughter is 3c?  I was stunned to learn young teenagers got this, but it's absolutely heartbreaking to see children 5 & 7, and you know there are others, with this. As of this morning 116 are supoorting this family. While I hate what brought us together, the community of people with melanoma are wonderful people.

Grace and peace to all,

Carol

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics