The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

6 years since diagnosis

Forums General Melanoma Community 6 years since diagnosis

Participant

6 years and 1 day ago I had my suspicious mole removed by the dermatologist. I guess I wasn't given the news for another week, so not really sure what "official" anniversary date counts, but needless to say, good to still be here. Been a rough road with 6 surgeries, countless hospitalizations, and a destroyed thryoid and adrenal glands due to an inflamed pituitary casued by yervoy, but also stable disease 2 years since yervoy with a small lesion on my liver.  Anyway, there were too many times that I did not think I would be around in 2013, but happy to still be here.

6 years and 1 day ago I had my suspicious mole removed by the dermatologist. I guess I wasn't given the news for another week, so not really sure what "official" anniversary date counts, but needless to say, good to still be here. Been a rough road with 6 surgeries, countless hospitalizations, and a destroyed thryoid and adrenal glands due to an inflamed pituitary casued by yervoy, but also stable disease 2 years since yervoy with a small lesion on my liver.  Anyway, there were too many times that I did not think I would be around in 2013, but happy to still be here. For those that have been recently diagnosed or have been battling, keep up the hope.

Wetterhorn

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        DeniseK
        Participant

Wetterhorn,

I am SO happy for you.  I read your profile, what a scary journey you have been on.  Thank you for posting because I'm currently on Ipi, 3rd infusion coming up next week, and I don't know if it's working or not.  It gives me hope that it is when someone else has had success.

All my best to you and continued NED!

Denise

DeniseK
          Participant

Wetterhorn,

I am SO happy for you.  I read your profile, what a scary journey you have been on.  Thank you for posting because I'm currently on Ipi, 3rd infusion coming up next week, and I don't know if it's working or not.  It gives me hope that it is when someone else has had success.

Denise

DeniseK
            Participant

Wetterhorn,

Denise

Pink
              Participant
                It has been 6 years since my diagnosis and the ugly little cell just showed up again with satellite tumors in my leg. Had scans and not spread to organs or brain. Off to Moffit Monday to see what my options are
                Pink
                Participant
                  It has been 6 years since my diagnosis and the ugly little cell just showed up again with satellite tumors in my leg. Had scans and not spread to organs or brain. Off to Moffit Monday to see what my options are
                  Pink
                  Participant
                Viewing 3 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics