The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

6 years Ned

Forums Caregiver Community 6 years Ned

• This topic has 15 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Ali.
    Participant

I was diagnosed in March of 2006 with stage 3 (golf ball sized axillary lymph node) with an unknown primary. I completed 3 rounds of Bio-Chemo at Beth Israel in Boston and remain NED. I have no idea if it was the treatment or not but I am thankful that I chose to be aggressive in my fight.

I was diagnosed in March of 2006 with stage 3 (golf ball sized axillary lymph node) with an unknown primary. I completed 3 rounds of Bio-Chemo at Beth Israel in Boston and remain NED. I have no idea if it was the treatment or not but I am thankful that I chose to be aggressive in my fight.

As many of you know, I love to run and have always used it as a means to judge my health and also to celebrate it. So in just over a week I will be running The Boston Marathon for the 12th time. It will also be my 20th marathon. For the past several years I 'I've run with the Melanoma Foundation of New England Team. Many team members are either survivors, caregivers or have family members that have been impacted by melanoma. It is great to share a determination to spread the message of prevention and early detection.

This year I am running in memory of Jerry Sullivan (Jerry from Cape Cod). I met Jerry at a MFNE event and have been inspired by him since. We traded many emails during the past few months. He especially liked it when I toasted him with a cold Sam Adams after the Hyannis 1/2 Marathon. I plan on doing the same after Boston!

I've often said that melanoma might kill me but will never beat me…..cheers to all that feel the same! 

Carpe Diem!
      Kevin

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        MaryD
        Participant

Congratulations Kevin – and thanks for sharing that great news!    That is awesome that you are going to be running your 20th marathon and so nice that you are running in memory of Jerry.  

We will all be cheering you on and wish you many many more years of NED . .

Best regards,

Mary

MaryD
          Participant

Congratulations Kevin – and thanks for sharing that great news!    That is awesome that you are going to be running your 20th marathon and so nice that you are running in memory of Jerry.  

Best regards,

Mary

MaryD
            Participant

Best regards,

Mary

King
              Participant

Hi Kevin,

Happy Nediversary!  I remember meeting you "on line" about 6 years ago and finding out that we had some things in common.  Go Sox!!

I'll be cheering you on, on Patriot's Day!  You are one amazing warrior and an inspiration, too.

Stay Strong….Run, Run, Run

Kathie

King
                Participant

Hi Kevin,

Happy Nediversary!  I remember meeting you "on line" about 6 years ago and finding out that we had some things in common.  Go Sox!!

I'll be cheering you on, on Patriot's Day!  You are one amazing warrior and an inspiration, too.

Kathie

King
                  Participant

Hi Kevin,

Kathie

triciad
                    Participant

Thanks for sharing your wonderful story and best of luck in the marathon!  Good health and happiness for many decades to come!

Tricia

triciad
                      Participant

Thanks for sharing your wonderful story and best of luck in the marathon!  Good health and happiness for many decades to come!

Tricia

triciad
                        Participant

Tricia

JerryfromFauq
                          Participant

Thank you for the oher Jerry!  He was indeed a grat guy.  He wanted so badly to make a trip southward to meet Charlie and  myself.   I am very sorry that I did not get to meet him physically.  We spoke many times and I know he appreciated the MPIP very much.  I to miss him and appreiate your running in his name and honoring him.

JerryfromFauq
                            Participant

Thank you for the oher Jerry!  He was indeed a grat guy.  He wanted so badly to make a trip southward to meet Charlie and  myself.   I am very sorry that I did not get to meet him physically.  We spoke many times and I know he appreciated the MPIP very much.  I to miss him and appreiate your running in his name and honoring him.

JerryfromFauq
                              Participant

Ali
                                Participant

Great news! Love these kinds of stories!  Good luck on the run!

Ali

Ali
                                  Participant

Ali

Ali
                                    Participant

Ali

Viewing 14 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics