The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

4 years NED Stage 3

Forums General Melanoma Community 4 years NED Stage 3

Participant

Husband had 4 year scan since his recurrence in 2011 and is NED.  He was diagnosed as stage 3(b) or 3(c) depending on the institution.  Although it is always in the back of our mind, it doesn't define us.  We live more appreciatively, laugh louder, empathize deeper, and play harder (we still work too).  Feeling optimistic with the recent medical advances in the melanoma field and wishing you all the best in your journey.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        dentholla
        Participant

Great news and thank you for sharing.  It is always good to see posts like this – all the best!

dentholla
          Participant

Great news and thank you for sharing.  It is always good to see posts like this – all the best!

dentholla
            Participant

Jydnew
              Participant

I'm so glad to read this!  My husband is coming in on 13 years NED after stage 3a dx.  It's still in the back of our minds, and we still practice sun-safety for both ourselves and our 2 girls who have been born since his diagnosis.  This is the first year my husband won't see an oncologist – they parted ways over the winter.  We're still watchful, but a once a year visit with bloodwork wasn't really going to catch a recurrence anyway.

I continue to hope for a cure, as I look at my one daughter who shares my husband's coloring and propensity for moles, and my other daughter who inherited her red hair, blue eyes and pale skin from me…. I hope they never confront melanoma in their lives.

Jydnew
                Participant

I'm so glad to read this!  My husband is coming in on 13 years NED after stage 3a dx.  It's still in the back of our minds, and we still practice sun-safety for both ourselves and our 2 girls who have been born since his diagnosis.  This is the first year my husband won't see an oncologist – they parted ways over the winter.  We're still watchful, but a once a year visit with bloodwork wasn't really going to catch a recurrence anyway.

I continue to hope for a cure, as I look at my one daughter who shares my husband's coloring and propensity for moles, and my other daughter who inherited her red hair, blue eyes and pale skin from me…. I hope they never confront melanoma in their lives.

Jydnew
                  Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics