The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

4 years clear….. but

Forums General Melanoma Community 4 years clear….. but

Participant

Hello,

Hello,

Haven't been around here much in awhile. It has been 4ish years since my last run in with mm. Been checked evey 6 months since and have a appointment this Wednesday that has me worried for the first time. My doctor and I have been keeping a close eye on a pigmented lesion on my lower eyelid margin for years. No changes till about 2 months ago… So one more day and I will know if we are going back down the road. Here is a pic.. notice the dark spot thats new πŸ™ in the last few months. Hope it is not as it looks but it sure looks suspicious to me. At a minium going to have to have a tricky biopsy… 

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-qsqDcvqoiBZkdFcUZPU3JWd28

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        chalknpens
        Participant

Sorry to see the pigmentation at your eye. Our vision is so important, no matter who we are or what we do for a living. Please try to sleep well, and know that we're all thinking (praying) for you. Be well.

chalknpens
          Participant

Sorry to see the pigmentation at your eye. Our vision is so important, no matter who we are or what we do for a living. Please try to sleep well, and know that we're all thinking (praying) for you. Be well.

chalknpens
            Participant

POW
              Participant

You are smart to get this biopsied; why take a chance? But I hope and expect that it is NOT melanoma. Keep us posted!

Tina D
                  Participant

I am sorry you have this to be concerned about. I just agree that you are smart to have it looked at, to hopefully put the fears to rest. Hoping you get good news soon!

Tina

Tina D
                    Participant

I am sorry you have this to be concerned about. I just agree that you are smart to have it looked at, to hopefully put the fears to rest. Hoping you get good news soon!

Tina

Tina D
                      Participant

Tina

POW
                      Participant

You are smart to get this biopsied; why take a chance? But I hope and expect that it is NOT melanoma. Keep us posted!

POW
                        Participant

mmmax
                          Participant

UPDATE: Went to my exam today, Doctor agreed and will have shave biopsy next tuesday.

mmmax
                            Participant

UPDATE: Went to my exam today, Doctor agreed and will have shave biopsy next tuesday.

mmmax
                              Participant

JC
                                Participant

so how would the biopsy in such an area?

mmmax
                                    Participant

Not sure – I guess shave the eyelid margin area and send the tissue out for path. My doctor thinks that will be the best route to see what we are dealing with. 

mmmax
                                      Participant

Not sure – I guess shave the eyelid margin area and send the tissue out for path. My doctor thinks that will be the best route to see what we are dealing with. 

mmmax
                                        Participant

JC
                                        Participant

JC
                                          Participant

barb3246
                                            Participant

Good luck with your biopsy today. Please let us know how you make out.  Hopefully it will be nothing.

barb3246
                                              Participant

Good luck with your biopsy today. Please let us know how you make out.  Hopefully it will be nothing.

mmmax
                                                  Participant

biopsy done (not too painful at all πŸ™‚ now just waiting…..

POW
                                                    Participant

Oh, gosh! The waiting is the hardest, isn't it?! My prayers are with you. 

Snickers60
                                                      Participant

BEST WISHES for a GOOD REPORT !   ANd on the 4 years NED !   Hopefully it will be just an ODD growth.  

Keep us updated……..

Nancy (devoted wife of 3 X Warrior Wayne)

Snickers60
                                                        Participant

BEST WISHES for a GOOD REPORT !   ANd on the 4 years NED !   Hopefully it will be just an ODD growth.  

Keep us updated……..

Snickers60
                                                          Participant

Keep us updated……..

mmmax
                                                            Participant

Melanome in situ  – wide excision scheduled for Feb 5, lower eylid reconstruction at the same, since planned total removal will be pushing 2cm… hope for clean margins πŸ™‚

mmmax
                                                              Participant

Melanome in situ  – wide excision scheduled for Feb 5, lower eylid reconstruction at the same, since planned total removal will be pushing 2cm… hope for clean margins πŸ™‚

mmmax
                                                                Participant

mmmax
                                                                  Participant

mmmax
                                                                    Participant

mmmax
                                                                      Participant

mmmax
                                                                        Participant

mmmax
                                                                          Participant

mmmax
                                                                            Participant

mmmax
                                                                              Participant

Melanome in situ  - wide excision scheduled for Feb 5, lower eylid reconstruction at the same, since planned total removal will be pushing 2cm… hope for clean margins πŸ™‚

mmmax
                                                                                Participant

Melanome in situ  - wide excision scheduled for Feb 5, lower eylid reconstruction at the same, since planned total removal will be pushing 2cm… hope for clean margins πŸ™‚

mmmax
                                                                                  Participant

POW
                                                                                    Participant

POW
                                                                                      Participant

mmmax
                                                                                        Participant

mmmax
                                                                                          Participant

barb3246
                                                                                          Participant

barb3246
                                                                                            Participant

Sorry to hear it was in-situ, but I'm glad it wasn't worse!!  Why do you need a 2cm margin – I thought margins for in-situ were 5mm?

mmmax
                                                                                                Participant

the lesion is/was 7mm wide on the top so 5mm each side 17mm so…. not  a full  2cm but still a lot on the eyelid

mmmax
                                                                                                  Participant

the lesion is/was 7mm wide on the top so 5mm each side 17mm so…. not  a full  2cm but still a lot on the eyelid

mmmax
                                                                                                    Participant

Got clean margins and the reconstruction looks great πŸ™‚

POW
                                                                                                      Participant

Excellent! I'm so glad you were vigilant and caught that spot quickly. Good for you!

POW
                                                                                                        Participant

Excellent! I'm so glad you were vigilant and caught that spot quickly. Good for you!

POW
                                                                                                          Participant

mmmax
                                                                                                            Participant

mmmax
                                                                                                              Participant

mmmax
                                                                                                                Participant

barb3246
                                                                                                                Participant

Sorry to hear it was in-situ, but I'm glad it wasn't worse!!  Why do you need a 2cm margin – I thought margins for in-situ were 5mm?

barb3246
                                                                                                                  Participant

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                                                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics