The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

4 months NED- option to go off therapy.

Forums General Melanoma Community 4 months NED- option to go off therapy.

Participant
      I am officially 4 months NED!

Because the data surrounds combination neoadjuvant patients with complete response is so good I’’ve been given the option to stop immunotherapy with Opdivo. Today will be my 4th infusion since surgery.

I feel I am in uncharted territory and having more than a little trepidation.

Has anyone done this?

Lucy

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        HeidiZ
        Participant
          Hi Lucy, That’s terrific news! I had 4 combo doses and than 16 of keytrudya until my body couldn’t take it anymore due to severe arthritis. I was a little nervous to stop before the 2 year mark but I’ve had good success so far. My last treatment was August 2017 and now I just go for 6 month pet scans. Go celebrate the good news.
          Heidi
          Hukill
          Participant
            I continued for 12 months after NED and then stopped. After several months had my port removed so I didn’t have to go get it flushed. My Dr says data is starting to show really do difference in continuing or stopping treatment after NED. Of course this was the VA who tries to save money. My sister works for a cancer treatment center and she says they keep their patients on treatment until they can’t handle it anymore. Of course they are a business out to make money. So, I had 5 combos and 52 opdivos over 26 months. I was NED at 14 months but did 1 year of maintenance.
            Hukill
            Participant
              Forgot, been NED since 08/2017.
          Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics