The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

20 year survivor – long term mpip member

Forums 20 year survivor – long term mpip member

Participant
      MPIP thank you so much. It’s been 20 years since I was diagnosed Stage3b. This board was a life saver through that time. There were very few treatment options then and I chose surgery and radiation for local control to my lymph nodes and surrounding areas. Making friends who were going through a similar experience was so vital to this journey.

I made it a life mission to expand my knowledge to help fight this disease. I am just so grateful I had a safe place to go even at 3am in the morning..

Thank you MPIP and to the many posters who helped save my life. I am forever in your debt and my condolences to those lost on that journey.

Please keep up the fight for those newly diagnosed and arm yourself with knowledge. It may save your life.

May 2021 bring some hope to you. Happy holidays

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          Thanks for sharing your history and long life POST melanoma, Nicky!!! Things have changed a good deal for Stage III folks with the current state of effective, FDA approved adjuvant treatment options. Still, your excellent results remind and reassure so many that Stage III is NOT necessarily a path toward Stage IV much less a death sentence!!! So happy for you!! Enjoy and happy holidays to you and yours. Celeste
          almostalice
          Participant
            Excellent, it’s always encouraging to see long term members, though I’d rather we all weren’t part of this club.

I’m 16 years on from my Stage 2C, at the age of 24 lurking here and then posting was very helpful.

To a better 2021

BrianP
            Participant
              Thanks for posting Nicky and congrats. I can so relate to those 3am log in sessions when I couldn’t sleep because my mind was going a thousand miles an hour. Prayers for all those currently going through that grind.
              chrispl1974
              Participant
                Very comforting and encouraging to hear that there are many stage III long term survivors and now the number of stage IV survivors is also increasing. I wish you all a Happy 2021. May this be the year ,where they find the “silver bullet” !
            Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics