The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

2 yrs, brain mets

Forums General Melanoma Community 2 yrs, brain mets

Participant
      Don’t lose hope!! My husband is gong on 2 yrs with 13 brain lesions. He had WBR when first diagnosed, didn’t week to respond, did great on Zelboraf for 14 mos, 8/13 had gamma knife on 5 tumors (they all responded), 11/13 on dabrafenib/Trametinib combo, 2/14 gamma on 4 more tumors and yesterday insurance just approved Yervoy in conjunction with combo! Dabradenib will shrink quick, Yervoy will give him the miles!! He is feeling great! Worst part about this whole ordeal has been steroids since 8/13 ugh….. this time the taper is going well, few rough patches in winter due to swelling, but so far so good this time!

Hang in there and STAY STRONG!
      Kelly

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        hbecker
        Participant

Kelly, love your Positive Mental Attitude!! Thanks for posting – will be thinking of you.

~Hazel

hbecker
          Participant

Kelly, love your Positive Mental Attitude!! Thanks for posting – will be thinking of you.

~Hazel

hbecker
            Participant

~Hazel

kellygrl
                Participant

Thanks Hazel! smiley

kellygrl
                  Participant

Thanks Hazel! smiley

kellygrl
                    Participant

Thanks Hazel! smiley

kellygrl
                      Participant

Congrats on your husband NED!

kellygrl
                        Participant

kellygrl
                          Participant

Bubbles
                          Participant

That's great, Kelly!! Thanks for the update and so glad that things are looking up. I know this has been very difficult for you both. Glad too for the approval of the combo!! Wishing you both my best! Celeste

kellygrl
                              Participant

Thanks Celeste! Congrats on your NED! Hope to join that club someday…..  he has beaten many odds so far… laugh

kellygrl
                                Participant

Thanks Celeste! Congrats on your NED! Hope to join that club someday…..  he has beaten many odds so far… laugh

kellygrl
                                  Participant

Bubbles
                                  Participant

That's great, Kelly!! Thanks for the update and so glad that things are looking up. I know this has been very difficult for you both. Glad too for the approval of the combo!! Wishing you both my best! Celeste

Bubbles
                                    Participant

Brendan
                                      Participant

Great news, Kelly.  Thanks for the update.  I agree about the steroids; they were rough on me as well.  Good luck to your husband on the combo.

Brendan

kellygrl
                                          Participant

Poor guy worked out, was in great shape…. little skinny on Zelboraf…  then these evil steroids!! YES we are happy he is doing well, but he looks in the mirror and doesn't see himself, brings him down.  Fingers crossed this taper continues to go well and now that he is not an eating machine… lol ….  can get him back to a healthy diet!  Best of luck to you as well Brendan! 

kellygrl
                                            Participant

Poor guy worked out, was in great shape…. little skinny on Zelboraf…  then these evil steroids!! YES we are happy he is doing well, but he looks in the mirror and doesn't see himself, brings him down.  Fingers crossed this taper continues to go well and now that he is not an eating machine… lol ….  can get him back to a healthy diet!  Best of luck to you as well Brendan! 

kellygrl
                                              Participant

Brendan
                                              Participant

Great news, Kelly.  Thanks for the update.  I agree about the steroids; they were rough on me as well.  Good luck to your husband on the combo.

Brendan

Brendan
                                                Participant

Brendan

Carole K
                                                  Participant

HI Kelly,

It is wonderful to hear a success story with all your husband has been through.  I am currently 12 yr. survivor after brain met. I was once very active here and trying to get the chat room going for all of you to meet and chat. It is a wonderful support.  Congratulations to your husband and pleae tell him I send him healing hugs and positive thoughts.  If I can be of any help please know I am here.  NEVER GIVE UP HOPE AND NEVER LOOK BACK. 

Love and Light

Carole

kellygrl
                                                      Participant

That is amazing Carole!! Congrats to you! I am not active on here, I just check in once in awhile to see what's out there… etc..    I will send my husband your msg, thank you. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

kellygrl
                                                        Participant

That is amazing Carole!! Congrats to you! I am not active on here, I just check in once in awhile to see what's out there… etc..    I will send my husband your msg, thank you. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

kellygrl
                                                          Participant

Carole K
                                                          Participant

HI Kelly,

It is wonderful to hear a success story with all your husband has been through.  I am currently 12 yr. survivor after brain met. I was once very active here and trying to get the chat room going for all of you to meet and chat. It is a wonderful support.  Congratulations to your husband and pleae tell him I send him healing hugs and positive thoughts.  If I can be of any help please know I am here.  NEVER GIVE UP HOPE AND NEVER LOOK BACK. 

Love and Light

Carole

Carole K
                                                            Participant

HI Kelly,

Love and Light

Carole

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics