The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

2 years and 6 months NED stage 3b!

Forums General Melanoma Community 2 years and 6 months NED stage 3b!

Participant

Good Morning Everyone, 

Good Morning Everyone, 

I wanted to share the news since I love coming on myself and reading about  peoples good scan news. My twin sister was diagnosed Sept 09 while 5 months pregnant with stage 3b melanoma. She had scans Monday and got the news yesterday that everything was fine! She does however need to have her thyroid taken out, interferon did a number on it but no signs of cancer. Just wanted to share my news!!  Although I don't come on as much as I did when she was first diagnosed and going through interferon I want to be able to check in and let people know because when I first joined I would search for stage 3 stories. So now if someone else searches hopefully this will give someone hope like it has given me. 

Jessica twin to Sara diagnosed with stage 3b melanoma Sept 09

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Mandi0280
        Participant

Just wanted to say thanks for posting her story. My husband was diagnosed with stage 3b about 6 months ago and is not trying to decide if he should do interferon or not. He had a 3mm w/ulceration as well. Also having one pos lymph node w/micro.  Hearing that your sister has been NED for so long gives me hope that this doesn't have to take over our whole lives. I say so long because for us right now 3 years seems like a lifetime away when your dealing with something like this. Thanks so much agian for the story. I really needed that 2day!!

Mandi

jtheisen29
            Participant

You are welcome Mandi!!! 

jtheisen29
              Participant

You are welcome Mandi!!! 

jtheisen29
                Participant

You are welcome Mandi!!! 

Mandi0280
                Participant

Just wanted to say thanks for posting her story. My husband was diagnosed with stage 3b about 6 months ago and is not trying to decide if he should do interferon or not. He had a 3mm w/ulceration as well. Also having one pos lymph node w/micro.  Hearing that your sister has been NED for so long gives me hope that this doesn't have to take over our whole lives. I say so long because for us right now 3 years seems like a lifetime away when your dealing with something like this. Thanks so much agian for the story. I really needed that 2day!!

Mandi

Mandi0280
                  Participant

Mandi

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics