The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

2 years ago yesterday

Forums General Melanoma Community 2 years ago yesterday

Participant

Yesterday was the two year anniversary of the day I got my phone call from the dermatologist that I did have a 2.1 deep melanoma.  Since then I've had two surgeries and a year of interferon.  I'm doing well so far.  Clear PET in July.  Keeping my fingers crossed that I'm done with melanoma.  Wishing everyone a happy holiday season.  Enjoying my first Christmas in two years.  Praying we find a cure for this soon.

Peace and Love

Amy S. in Michigan

Yesterday was the two year anniversary of the day I got my phone call from the dermatologist that I did have a 2.1 deep melanoma.  Since then I've had two surgeries and a year of interferon.  I'm doing well so far.  Clear PET in July.  Keeping my fingers crossed that I'm done with melanoma.  Wishing everyone a happy holiday season.  Enjoying my first Christmas in two years.  Praying we find a cure for this soon.

Peace and Love

Amy S. in Michigan

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Fen
        Participant

Happy Nediversary, Amy!!  Here's hoping for many more and that cure you mention, too.

Fen

Fen
          Participant

Happy Nediversary, Amy!!  Here's hoping for many more and that cure you mention, too.

Fen

Phil S
            Participant

Amy    So happy to hear that you are doing well 2 years later.  My husband is approaching his one year NED anniversary and we are really looking forward to this Holiday season.  Wishing you many, many years of good health!   Valerie (Phil's wife) 

Phil S
              Participant

Amy    So happy to hear that you are doing well 2 years later.  My husband is approaching his one year NED anniversary and we are really looking forward to this Holiday season.  Wishing you many, many years of good health!   Valerie (Phil's wife) 

NancyGM
                Participant

Congrats to you, Amy and may you have many more NED years to come!

NancyGM
                  Participant

NancyGM
                    Participant

NancyGM
                      Participant

King
                        Participant

Amy,

Hoping and praying that you are done with melanoma as well.  Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a happy holiday season.

Stay Strong
                          King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                          Participant

Amy,

Hoping and praying that you are done with melanoma as well.  Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a happy holiday season.

Stay Strong
                            King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

MariaH
                            Participant

My husband also is celebrating his NED status… 2 years this month.  He has also graduated to a 6 month schedule, and has opted to do no scans unless something is unsettling to him.  Too many "false alarms" had him walking on egg shells constantly.  This will be his first Christmas not recovering from surgery or on interferon.  NED is wonderful… may you enjoy every moment this Holiday season!

MariaH
                              Participant

My husband also is celebrating his NED status… 2 years this month.  He has also graduated to a 6 month schedule, and has opted to do no scans unless something is unsettling to him.  Too many "false alarms" had him walking on egg shells constantly.  This will be his first Christmas not recovering from surgery or on interferon.  NED is wonderful… may you enjoy every moment this Holiday season!

Viewing 11 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics