The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

1st treatment interferon

Forums General Melanoma Community 1st treatment interferon

Participant

My name is Donette. I had my first interferon treatment yesterday afternoon.  I started vomiting about 2 hrs after the treatment. For about 3 hrs. I hope and pray today's treatment is better.  I did call the dr and got on anti nausea med. Took one about an hr into getting sick. Wondering if it'll help if I do it sooner. 

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Lil0909
        Participant
          My drs/nurses gave me Tylenol and anti nausea pill 30 min before each infusion. Maybe that will help. Also, during the iv period, my body did seem to acclimate so hopefully it will get better.
          Lil0909
          Participant
            My drs/nurses gave me Tylenol and anti nausea pill 30 min before each infusion. Maybe that will help. Also, during the iv period, my body did seem to acclimate so hopefully it will get better.
            Lil0909
            Participant
              Lil0909
              Participant
                  Ginger8888
                  Participant

I finished my 30 days of interferon 2 wks ago and i took a benedryl and two ibuprophen before i went..The first two days i had chills and aches but after that it was a breeze..I wish you all the luck..Drink plenty of water and v-8 juice..

Ginger8888
                    Participant

I finished my 30 days of interferon 2 wks ago and i took a benedryl and two ibuprophen before i went..The first two days i had chills and aches but after that it was a breeze..I wish you all the luck..Drink plenty of water and v-8 juice..

Ginger8888
                      Participant

Lil0909
                      Participant
                        Lil0909
                        Participant
                      Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics