The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

1a in 2018 now problematic ultrasound – Please Help

Forums General Melanoma Community 1a in 2018 now problematic ultrasound – Please Help

Participant
      I had a .6mm removed in 2018 at Johns Hopkins so 1a. They said no slnb due to depth. Over the years I have requested ultrasounds because my underarm nearest arm scar felt “full” but they said not necessary. I requested an ultrasound again last week due to a strange bump in my underarm near the scar and my ultrasound came back today saying suspicious lymph node rated BIRAD 4 biopsy needed. (Interestingly it was not the lump I was having them check.) I am literally devastated, and the doctor who spoke to me provided little reassurance. I am fully assuming at this point that the melanoma has spread to my lymph nodes and perhaps beyond, as it has been four years since my primary. I guess I am hoping for some support and/or advice, although really all I can do is wait. They cannot get me in for the biopsy until end of next week. Thanks for listening as I don’t really know anyone else to talk to about any of this.
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        JudiAU
        Participant
          I’m think unfortunately the only thing you can do is wait for the biopsy. If it comes back bad, make sure you insist in a CT and brain MRI. I know this is frustrating.
      Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics