The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

14 years later..

Forums General Melanoma Community 14 years later..

Participant

Every year on the anniversary of my first diagnosis I revisit this site where I used to scan all messages looking for posts that gave me hope. So I write this esp. for newbies  to remind people there are many of us who no longer visit this website.  My  daughter was 9 when I was diagnosed with my first melanoma (stage  2b) I was diagnosed w my second primary 2 yrs later. My daughter is now a young woman of 23. I hope my message might help give some comfort to others.    

Jackie

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        WithinMySkin
        Participant
          Thank you so much for posting this fantastic news, Jackie! Posts like this truly lift my heart! Hope you have another 14 years NED!
          WithinMySkin
          Participant
            Thank you so much for posting this fantastic news, Jackie! Posts like this truly lift my heart! Hope you have another 14 years NED!
            WithinMySkin
            Participant
              mdoh
              Participant

I was diagnosed 8 months ago and like you log in to scan for the good news.  Thank you for sharing.  You give me hope!

mdoh
                Participant

I was diagnosed 8 months ago and like you log in to scan for the good news.  Thank you for sharing.  You give me hope!

mdoh
                  Participant

jae p
                    Participant

I'm so incredibly happy for you! It's wonderful to hear you've seen your daughter grow up and then some; it gives me so much comfort to hear stories like this. Thank you for sharing. Keep on keeping on! ๐Ÿ™‚

jae p
                      Participant

I'm so incredibly happy for you! It's wonderful to hear you've seen your daughter grow up and then some; it gives me so much comfort to hear stories like this. Thank you for sharing. Keep on keeping on! ๐Ÿ™‚

jae p
                        Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics