The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

1 year NED!

Forums General Melanoma Community 1 year NED!

Participant

I am officially 1 year NED today!  I know it is a small step but it is a big one for me.  One year ago I was in surgey at MSKCC having a neck dissection and parotidectomy.  I chose watch and wait and participated in a Phase 1 Dendritic Cell vaccine at MSKCC.  I have been scanned evry 3 months with the exception of my anniversary this month (oncologist does not want to do scans this time as no symptoms and last 2 scans were clean).  Shooting now for 18 months and longer!

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        gaby
        Participant
          great news! you are doing very well. What stage were you diagnosed? 
          regards
            aquamak
            Participant

I was diagnosed at Stage 1B in September 2012 and had a WLE and SNLB (all clear)  I quickly progressed to Stage 3C by April 2013 after finding 1 enlarged neck lymph node.  Neck dissection and parotidectomy revealed 1 lymph node with macrometastsis and 2 small in-transit mets right outside the WLE scar area.  It is a sneaky b#@$*&d!

aquamak
              Participant

I was diagnosed at Stage 1B in September 2012 and had a WLE and SNLB (all clear)  I quickly progressed to Stage 3C by April 2013 after finding 1 enlarged neck lymph node.  Neck dissection and parotidectomy revealed 1 lymph node with macrometastsis and 2 small in-transit mets right outside the WLE scar area.  It is a sneaky b#@$*&d!

aquamak
                Participant

gaby
                Participant
                  regards
                  gaby
                  Participant
                    regards
                    SABKLYN
                    Participant

Great news!  I was diagnosed stage 3a in November of 2011 and was also treated at MSKCC.  My surgeon is Daniel Coit and my Oncologist is Richard Carvajal.  I was the first patient of that same study Dr. Young  and Dr. Chung administered the vaccines.  I am really pleased to be NED 2 1/2 years later.  I know with this illness I will always need to be vigilant!  I truly hope you continue to receive this type of news moving forward!!

SABKLYN
                      Participant

Great news!  I was diagnosed stage 3a in November of 2011 and was also treated at MSKCC.  My surgeon is Daniel Coit and my Oncologist is Richard Carvajal.  I was the first patient of that same study Dr. Young  and Dr. Chung administered the vaccines.  I am really pleased to be NED 2 1/2 years later.  I know with this illness I will always need to be vigilant!  I truly hope you continue to receive this type of news moving forward!!

SABKLYN
                        Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics