Jim in DenverParticipant
- August 26, 2010 at 10:27 pm
If you have the V600e, you should consider the BRAF Inhibitor first. Wild Type would not be the V600e – sometime a re-test will show it (if it is present) because of uneven distribution of the gene in the sample, but that is uncommon apparently. It would be a good choice to have, I think. I tested negative for the 600e (g and k as well), so I am doing the Ipi/Temador Trial at MD Anderson. Yesterday, there was national news item about a future trial combining the BRAF Inhibitor with Ipi, which will doubtless happen at some point, but maybe not soon enough for your decision. You have probably already read/heard about response durability issues with the BRAF Inhibitor(s). Maybe you should ask your Onc if you can do the Compassionate Use IPI Trial regardless of your response to a BRAF Inhibitor – what do you think?