The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

julie of so. california-thinking about you today!

Forums General Melanoma Community julie of so. california-thinking about you today!

Participant

Julie,

I hope that the news you got from your doctor is good news.

Sending you positive thoughts. Please keep us posted with your decision.

MaryBeth

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Marianne quinn
        Participant

Me too Julie. My hubby having liver ablation surgery of a small mets tomorrow that showed up at week 12 of his induction phase of 10 mg ipi. Very discouraged . He is feeling great. For all of you melanoma warriors, please send good vibes and prayers. Will post more later. Very sad and confused but need to focus on tomorrow  first . Please send good vibes to Julie too. So young…

Marianne quinn
          Participant

Me too Julie. My hubby having liver ablation surgery of a small mets tomorrow that showed up at week 12 of his induction phase of 10 mg ipi. Very discouraged . He is feeling great. For all of you melanoma warriors, please send good vibes and prayers. Will post more later. Very sad and confused but need to focus on tomorrow  first . Please send good vibes to Julie too. So young…

Marianne quinn
            Participant

Fen
              Participant

Julie and Marianne – I hope you both know that everyone who reads this will be thinking of both you.   Sending huge positive thoughts that things go well.  fen

Fen
                Participant

Julie and Marianne – I hope you both know that everyone who reads this will be thinking of both you.   Sending huge positive thoughts that things go well.  fen

Fen
                  Participant

Julie in SoCal
                    Participant

Hi MaryBeth and Maryanne,

Thank you for your kind thoughts and wishes-especially as I was not dealing well with everything.

My appointment with the Rock Star Mel Dr went well.  He said that I am at least a partial responder, and that it's possible that I will be a full responder as Ipi takes over and does its thing.  Yes, I've had new intransits pop up, but Doc Rock Star says that it is common for Mel to get worse before it gets better. And after measuring everything again,  I've seen some shrinkage in my largest met, and I think one of the newer ones has disappeared. 

So the plan is for me to hold the course, keep watching and waiting and looking for Ipi to continue to kick Mel to the curb.

Thank you all for your encouragement and support.  The folks here on this board are the best!

Blessings,

Julie

BrianP
                        Participant

That's great you're a responder Julie!!!  I think Doc Rock Star is giving you some sage advice.  This is great news.  Hopefully Ipi will continue to kick butt.  At the very least it appears that it's buying you the much needed time to bridge to PD-1 when that does come availble.  Stay positive.

Brian

BrianP
                          Participant

That's great you're a responder Julie!!!  I think Doc Rock Star is giving you some sage advice.  This is great news.  Hopefully Ipi will continue to kick butt.  At the very least it appears that it's buying you the much needed time to bridge to PD-1 when that does come availble.  Stay positive.

Brian

BrianP
                            Participant

Brian

Julie in SoCal
                            Participant

Thank you for your kind thoughts and wishes-especially as I was not dealing well with everything.

My appointment with the Rock Star Mel Dr went well.  He said that I am at least a partial responder, and that it's possible that I will be a full responder as Ipi takes over and does its thing.  Yes, I've had new intransits pop up, but Doc Rock Star says that it is common for Mel to get worse before it gets better. And after measuring everything again,  I've seen some shrinkage in my largest met, and I think one of the newer ones has disappeared. 

So the plan is for me to hold the course, keep watching and waiting and looking for Ipi to continue to kick Mel to the curb.

Thank you all for your encouragement and support.  The folks here on this board are the best!

Blessings,

Julie

Julie in SoCal
                              Participant

Blessings,

Julie

Viewing 8 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics