The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

NY Karen how are you doing?

Forums General Melanoma Community NY Karen how are you doing?

Participant
      Was wondering about you this morning. I hope all is well.

Amy

Was wondering about you this morning. I hope all is well.

Amy

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        NYKaren
        Participant
          Hi, Amy. How kind of you to ask. I’m just getting over bronchitis so I’ve been sleeping a lot in my spare time.
          I’m on intermittent dosing of Zel (3/2) and got quite a scare last week. I was on day 10 of the 2 off weeks, and I felt, then saw, 2 mets on my scalp, my original tumor site. One was about 1mm in diameter and raised, fot me a sure sign of mel. Of course I freaked out, had my husband take some pics and emailed them to Drs Halpern & Wolchok at Sloan.
          Dr Wolchok told me to restart Zel and they would likely resolve in a week or two; they started getting smaller the next day. This made me realize how fragile and unsure I feel on Zel. Plus I had to stop and , Celebrexdue to stomach issues. I’m seeing Dr. Halpern tomorrow Wolchok after ASCO. WE’re discussing Merck’s PD1 dose escalation escalation trial, starting in about 2 weeks
          NYKaren
          Participant
            Hi, Amy. How kind of you to ask. I’m just getting over bronchitis so I’ve been sleeping a lot in my spare time.
            I’m on intermittent dosing of Zel (3/2) and got quite a scare last week. I was on day 10 of the 2 off weeks, and I felt, then saw, 2 mets on my scalp, my original tumor site. One was about 1mm in diameter and raised, fot me a sure sign of mel. Of course I freaked out, had my husband take some pics and emailed them to Drs Halpern & Wolchok at Sloan.
            Dr Wolchok told me to restart Zel and they would likely resolve in a week or two; they started getting smaller the next day. This made me realize how fragile and unsure I feel on Zel. Plus I had to stop and , Celebrexdue to stomach issues. I’m seeing Dr. Halpern tomorrow Wolchok after ASCO. WE’re discussing Merck’s PD1 dose escalation escalation trial, starting in about 2 weeks
            NYKaren
            Participant
                NYKaren
                Participant
                  Sorry, typing went crazy! So we’ll be discussing and evaluating. I’ve been feeling somewhat scared and alone.
                  Thanks for reaching out Amy. I’ll let you know how my appointments go.
                  Karen
                  awillett1991
                  Participant
                    Karen – you are not alone! I started Merck’s PD1 two weeks ago, so far so good and it was really easy to get into the trial.. I really think Zel has a whole depression component that comes with it, I told my oncologist this before.

Hang in there! Keep fighting!!

Amy

NYKaren
                    Participant
                      Amy, are u in the Merck trial with no chemo arm? Do they tell you what dose you’re on?
                      Thanks,
                      Karen
                      NYKaren
                      Participant
                        Amy, are u in the Merck trial with no chemo arm? Do they tell you what dose you’re on?
                        Thanks,
                        Karen
                        awillett1991
                        Participant
                          Karen. – this one has the chemo but thanks to GOD and lots of prayers, I got randomized to PD1. Low or high dose is blinded though so not sure what I’m getting.
                          awillett1991
                          Participant
                            Karen. – this one has the chemo but thanks to GOD and lots of prayers, I got randomized to PD1. Low or high dose is blinded though so not sure what I’m getting.
                            awillett1991
                            Participant
                              NYKaren
                              Participant
                                Thanks,
                                Karen
                                awillett1991
                                Participant
                                  Karen – you are not alone! I started Merck’s PD1 two weeks ago, so far so good and it was really easy to get into the trial.. I really think Zel has a whole depression component that comes with it, I told my oncologist this before.

Amy

awillett1991
                                  Participant

Amy

NYKaren
                                    Participant
                                      Sorry, typing went crazy! So we’ll be discussing and evaluating. I’ve been feeling somewhat scared and alone.
                                      Karen
                                      NYKaren
                                      Participant
                                        Karen
                                        kylez
                                        Participant

Hi Karen, 

I'm almost always stunned now, about what people here are going through. I've been very lucky by comparison it often feels like. I would freak out with SubQ's (and just about anything else). Z sounds like a battle all on its own too. Hope Dr. W. comes back all charged up after ASCO (if he needs to be charged up at all). And hope it's a a good plan you and he put together.  

Side note, not relevant to how you're doing, but it seems like there's been few colitis posts lately. Started to feel like they were shining a "bat light" up into the sky, summoning you and Swannee and others to respond.

kylez
                                          Participant

Hi Karen, 

I'm almost always stunned now, about what people here are going through. I've been very lucky by comparison it often feels like. I would freak out with SubQ's (and just about anything else). Z sounds like a battle all on its own too. Hope Dr. W. comes back all charged up after ASCO (if he needs to be charged up at all). And hope it's a a good plan you and he put together.  

Side note, not relevant to how you're doing, but it seems like there's been few colitis posts lately. Started to feel like they were shining a "bat light" up into the sky, summoning you and Swannee and others to respond.

kylez
                                            Participant

Hi Karen, 

aldakota22
                                            Participant

Karen, good to see your post.Overall  the news is somewhat  a mixed bag.Praying the docs get your treatment plan in synch. Remember you are on so many peoples prayer list. Hoping for the best. Keep us posted  after doc. visit. Beat the Beast.  Al

aldakota22
                                              Participant

Karen, good to see your post.Overall  the news is somewhat  a mixed bag.Praying the docs get your treatment plan in synch. Remember you are on so many peoples prayer list. Hoping for the best. Keep us posted  after doc. visit. Beat the Beast.  Al

aldakota22
                                                Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics