The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

MELANOMA AND BREAST CANCER

Forums General Melanoma Community MELANOMA AND BREAST CANCER

Participant

I had stage lllA melanoma removed in November, 2011. This was right under the right breast. I was diagnosed in March, 2012 with breast cancer of the right breast. I am now having surgery on the left breast for another possible malignancy. I have to have CT scans every 3 mos for the melanoma and mammograms every 6 mos for the breast cancer. I happen to have the most aggressive breast cancer although it was caught early. I am hanging in there but it is very stressful to be going for tests on both every few months. Just wanted to vent.

I had stage lllA melanoma removed in November, 2011. This was right under the right breast. I was diagnosed in March, 2012 with breast cancer of the right breast. I am now having surgery on the left breast for another possible malignancy. I have to have CT scans every 3 mos for the melanoma and mammograms every 6 mos for the breast cancer. I happen to have the most aggressive breast cancer although it was caught early. I am hanging in there but it is very stressful to be going for tests on both every few months. Just wanted to vent. The incision for the breast cancer was in an area that had radiation from the melanoma and is not healing well and now surgery on the left. Just need to be encouraged.

Thanks!

Susan- Alabama girl

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        NYKaren
        Participant
          Wow Susan, you certainly have a lot on your plate. Are you being seen for both cancers at the same center?
          I’ll be thinking of you, and I’m sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in. It seems some people are having technical difficulties posting today.
          warm wishes,
          karen
          NYKaren
          Participant
            Wow Susan, you certainly have a lot on your plate. Are you being seen for both cancers at the same center?
            I’ll be thinking of you, and I’m sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in. It seems some people are having technical difficulties posting today.
            warm wishes,
            karen
            NYKaren
            Participant
              warm wishes,
              karen
              Gene_S
              Participant

Susan- Alabama girl

Wrote

"Don't tell God how Big your storm is, Tell the storm how BIg your GOD is! "

You may want to research Dr. Lorraine Day. She is also a breast cancer survivor.
                Gene_S
                Participant

Susan- Alabama girl

Wrote

You may want to research Dr. Lorraine Day. She is also a breast cancer survivor.
                  Gene_S
                  Participant

Susan- Alabama girl

Wrote

Doug-Pepper
                    Participant

Praying for you! Another good book is "The Bible Cure for Cancer" by Dr. Don Colbert. He uses nutrition, supplements,& the power of prayer to fight this disease along with conventional medicine. We also did a bible study by him called, "The Seven Pillars of Health. " Our family has made many changes since my husband was diagnosed on 10-2110. We have been following many of the suggestion in these books & others. Another thing we are doing is the alkaline water. Like other of the natural paths this one gets a lot of heat as being a scam. We have been drinking it for almost a year & can tell that we all feel better from these changes.We also live in Alabama. Keep Fighting, Pepper.

Doug-Pepper
                      Participant

Praying for you! Another good book is "The Bible Cure for Cancer" by Dr. Don Colbert. He uses nutrition, supplements,& the power of prayer to fight this disease along with conventional medicine. We also did a bible study by him called, "The Seven Pillars of Health. " Our family has made many changes since my husband was diagnosed on 10-2110. We have been following many of the suggestion in these books & others. Another thing we are doing is the alkaline water. Like other of the natural paths this one gets a lot of heat as being a scam. We have been drinking it for almost a year & can tell that we all feel better from these changes.We also live in Alabama. Keep Fighting, Pepper.

Doug-Pepper
                        Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics