The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Ohwell…looks like im stage 3 now

Forums General Melanoma Community Ohwell…looks like im stage 3 now

Participant
      Hi everyone, recently had my scan done which indicated a inflamed nobe on my neck, .8mm. The nobe was .6mm previous scan. Just visited with my doctor with the follow up and it felt palpable. He said it feels like tumor and needle biopsy is necessary. So now I need to wait a few days for the results. Just wondering how does he know almost for sure its a tumor by just feeling it. Very nervous right now just wondering anyone out there that had the same experience with the doctor. Also, I did have carotid surgery on the same side of my neck 2 years ago, almost same time I had my WLE done. The bump he felt today is right on the end of that scar caused by the carotid surgery where the sutures were made. Whats the chances the lymp node he thinks its now cancerous is exactly on that spot. That gives me a little comfort its not cancerous. But he tends to feel its probably stage 3 for me. Looking for some honesty and hopefully some comfort from anyone out there. Thank you everyone!!
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        tkoss
        Participant
          i guess you are referring to a lymph node on your necK? and i wonder even if cancerous, if they are melanoma. as i understand it melanoma is one of the worst cancer types, and other are less. so there is that.

as a stage 3c i am doing monotherapy with nivo. 240mg 2x week for 52 weeks. so far no side effects. more importantly my survival rate, depending on where you look or who you ask is up 60%.

tkoss
          Participant
            i guess you are referring to a lymph node on your necK? and i wonder even if cancerous, if they are melanoma. as i understand it melanoma is one of the worst cancer types, and other are less. so there is that.

as a stage 3c i am doing monotherapy with nivo. 240mg 2x week for 52 weeks. so far no side effects. more importantly my survival rate, depending on where you look or who you ask is up 60%.

caman
              Participant
                Thank you Tkoss. You have given me great hope.!!
              Bubbles
              Participant
                Keeping fingers crossed that your lesion removed is not any sort of malignancy, Caman!!!! I had very hard nodules that my doc and husband were certain was a return of melanoma along a scar where a melanoma lesion had been removed. I said all along they were NOT – but were neuromas! I was right! No melanoma found! However, despite my certainty at the time, having them removed and biopsied was the right thing do – just as you have already had done with yours! So – very much hoping for the best possible result for you – but there are good adjuvant treatments available for melanoma patients now, should you need them!! Sending good vibes your way! Celeste
                  caman
                  Participant
                    Thank you Celeste. Considering the size and location of my primary I knew day this would come. I follow this board once in a while and I think your an amazing person and a godsent. I wish I was as optimistic as you, but the doctor felt pretty sure its a tumor. The chances of it being benign and unrelated to the melanoma is very low. Whats unbelievable its right on the suture at end of the scar of the carotid artery surgery. The little bump caused by the suture closing has now disappeared and replaced by a inflamed node. Its not on the melanoma suture, its on my carotid artery suture. It doesn’t even feel like a nobe, feels like a raised skin blemish. I’m thinking of the worst, which medication I should I be on, what are the side effects, when do the side effects kick in, will I be able to work? God bless you!! and many thanx
              Viewing 2 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics