The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Another Clear Scan

Forums General Melanoma Community Another Clear Scan

Participant
      Hey Warriors! I wanted to share some good news with you all, I had another round of clear scans and ultrasound images as I accelerate into my 2nd year NED. Next scans in May although I was hoping for a longer span between them I am not complaining. Weird how scans now are more anxiety-provoking than when I was deep in the fight, maybe because being out of treatment makes you lose track of time since the battle that was fought and the concern that an ambush might be around the corner. I hope this finds you all fighting and winning. Stay in the fight and warrior on, this enemy can be beaten!

Tex

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Baby_Girl
        Participant
          Wonderful news!! Congrats on 2 years NED!
          sj
          Participant
            Congratulations Tex. Our story is similar, sorta. I’m in the early stages – just got NED after WLE and SNB. Left scalp melanoma. My lesion was 8.0mm, PT4A so no ulceration but I believe yours was ulcerated.

Anyway I’m not jumping for joy yet as yours had spread within 6 months so I’m well aware of what might be ahead of me.

Thank you for all of your updates and congratulations

TarlieT
            Participant
              Congratulations!! This is such exciting and encouraging news.
              lkb
              Participant
                Wonderful! Love the good news. Thanks for posting.
                Lisa
                jbronicki
                Participant
                  I think the Texas motto needs to be said “Don’t Mess with Texas”! That is wonderful news Tex! So happy for you. I agree about the scanxiety being worse as you get farther out. It seems weird but it is almost like going back into the unknown!
                  MelMel
                  Participant
                    Congratulations on your two year NED anniversary and wishing you many, many more! Thank you for sharing.
                    Melanie
                Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics