The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

annual update

Forums General Melanoma Community annual update

Participant

Good morning all…. afternoon for some…

It's March 4, 2019. 

I passed my annual mark- 2/10, and am now 15 years out from my last recurrence. This summer it'll be 32 years since onset. 

Please hold on….. there is Hope. 

there's an ancient proverb which says–

The spirit of a man will sustain him in his illness, but a broken/wounded spirit who can bear. 

There's another one which says—

Thus says the High and Lofty One who inhabits eternity. I dwell with the one who is of a contrite spirit, and a humble heart. 

God dwells with those who are of a humble heart, and contrite spirit. He IS our Hope. And if you're not aware of him, call on him. He rebuffs the proud, and gives grace to the humble. 

Live with, instead of dying from MM is by no means no easy task, but it is possible. 

Feel free to read my bio. I've posted a couple of things in there, as well as past posts. Not sure how far back the forum archives go, but I've been here since 1997-8, when my mom first told me about it. 

And while I get it– 

Welcome to the party no one ever wanted to receive the invitation for. 

God's Grace and Peace be with you. 

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        AN8
        Participant

For He knows our path and walks with us.  Amen.

SteveDB
            Participant

YES He Does!!!!!! 

He is named- I AM that I AM for a reason…. 🙂

jbronicki
            Participant

Thanks so much Steve for posting and so very happy to hear your annual update.  Happy for you and the whole community to see such a long term success story.  These are the best updates!

SteveDB
                Participant

You're welcome Jackie! Hang in there. 

mikechel
                Participant
                  Thank you for your encouraging news. I know HIM. He is great.
                  desmelwife
                  Participant

So good to read this wonderful news!

May you have a blessed 2019 making many happy memories. Thank you for checking in so we can rejoice with you!!

Many blessings!

Tania

AMcReader
                    Participant

Thank you for these annual check-ins! It gives us all a lot of hope for a future that can sometimes be hard to see. Be well and take care!

sister of patient
                      Participant

Congrats on crossing a huge milestone and thank you for posting such great news! I love all the long-term NED stories – 15 years can be a lifetime!! Wishing you the best always!!!

Barb

Viewing 5 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics