The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Third Scare in a Year

Forums General Melanoma Community Third Scare in a Year

Participant

I haven't been on in awhile.  I had two scares last year that made me think my cancer was back and I was no longer NED.  I was fine.  In January, I had a physical and my doctor found a polyp on my cervix.  I saw a GYN Oncologist yesterday and he couldn't remove it while I was in his office.  I will have it surgically removed on April 1, only a 30 minute procedure.  February 1, I had  my 6  month CT scan check up.  I got the results on Monday.  A nodule in my left lung has grown from 3.2 mm to 5 mm.  I have an enlarges lymph node

I haven't been on in awhile.  I had two scares last year that made me think my cancer was back and I was no longer NED.  I was fine.  In January, I had a physical and my doctor found a polyp on my cervix.  I saw a GYN Oncologist yesterday and he couldn't remove it while I was in his office.  I will have it surgically removed on April 1, only a 30 minute procedure.  February 1, I had  my 6  month CT scan check up.  I got the results on Monday.  A nodule in my left lung has grown from 3.2 mm to 5 mm.  I have an enlarges lymph node in my left pelvic area, and I have a cyst on my right ovary.  I will be having a PET/CT Scan this coming Monday afternoon.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Fen
        Participant

Waiting sucks – I'm sorry you have to have additional tests and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is nothing.  Please post updates.

Fen

Fen
          Participant

Waiting sucks – I'm sorry you have to have additional tests and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is nothing.  Please post updates.

Fen

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics