The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Where’s the data on Relatlimab

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Where’s the data on Relatlimab

Participant
      It’s over a month now since BMS issued a Press Release stating that their checkpoint inhibitor anti LAG/3 drug Relatlimab had been successful in Phase 2/3 trials in combination with Nivo. As a PD/1 failure, I am especially keen to digest the efficacy figures. Why the delay?
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        ed williams
        Participant
          Hi Tim, first off that is pretty normal at this time of year for all the big pharma companies with trials that are being reported on. They tend to try and build up expectations for ASCO where they will have a lot of eyes on what is new and promising. Lag-3 is being looked at in more than one way including treatment naive patients and this report of trial by BMS is on treatment naive patients not progressors as I read there recent article (see below Onclive artilce on same report). Dr. Omid Hamid of the Angeles clinic gave a really nice presentation not that long ago about what is coming in the research area ( see second link below) and there are several to follow including Lag-3 in those that have progressed. In the video he gets into that topic around 4:30 min mark and at 5;30 he is talking about Lag-3. Some of the other one that I am waiting on and will probably be available for melanoma resistant tumors would be NKTR-214 Bempeg and Lifuecels TIL’s program which is at FDA at present. https://www.onclive.com/view/relatlimab-nivolumab-improves-pfs-in-previously-untreated-metastatic-or-unresectable-melanoma            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wAUkQdTt1g&list=PLOnM_erAQqIBj54P2wviZ3WxV_okkn58Y
          tim brown
          Participant
            Many thanks,Ed. I’m new to this forum (and melanoma) so I found your reply most  interesting and informative. Take care and best wishes from England
        Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics