The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Want to know if this is melanoma

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Want to know if this is melanoma

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by A.
    Participant

Hi! Just call me Kath. I have a mole at my upper back. It appeared when I was 28 years old. About 10 years ago. Before it was red. And now its already black. It is itchy and painful when touched. Can anyone tell me if this is melanoma. Thanks.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        stevenallenschwartz
        Participant

What does your dermatoligist say?

jennunicorn
          Participant

No, no one can tell you if it is melanoma. You should make an appointment with a dermatologist and have it biopsied. There is no way to know if something is melanoma until after a biopsy. Best of luck.

bcbcbc55
              Participant

Go in to DERMATOLOGIST who will do a simple test or byopsy, not painful

A
              Participant

If it was red, raised and round before and now black, there is a good chance that this is cherry hemangioma, which got thrombosed. However, only a dermatologist can confirm it. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics