The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update

Participant
      Hi All
      Just thought I would touch base with an update
      Got my first set of scan results on Thursday after starting the Platform trial combining Spartazimulab and Ribociclib with the result being stable disease. There has been a small amount of growth but it still falls within the stable category so quite good news!
      On the other hand I spotted a dark mole on my wife’s leg and got her to get it checked out. After biopsy it has come back as Melanoma but thankfully only 0.6mm depth which was at least some good news.
      Bit of a challenging week but through it now and just need to keep pressing on
      Hope you are all well
      Mark
    Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          Oh, Mark! So glad the trial has provided you with stability thus far. Fingers crossed that it will be maintained and then some!! So sorry that you and your wife had to deal with MORE MELANOMA! Good spotting, by you though!!! Glad she got rid of it and hopefully she is one and done. best, celeste
          ed williams
          Participant
            Glad you caught things early on your wife’s leg!!! I got curious about Ribociclib (CD 4/6 inhibitor) and went exploring on the Novartis web site to take a look at the research and development that they are doing in Oncology. It is crazy how many new combination, other than their targeted therapy drugs dab+tram, that they are now involved with, especially all the combinations with their Pd-1 drug Sparalizumab previously known as (PDR 001). Good luck with the trial, are you still considering TIL’s as a back up plan? Ed
              MarkR
              Participant
                I would love to do TILS but they are only available in a trial and there aren’t too many around and some of the new ones are for new patients only with no prior treatment so not sure what will be available when I get to the point of needing it. Hoping this trial does the trick but need to see how it progresses over the next few months
              sandyd77
              Participant
                Glad to hear your good results and also glad to hear your wife’s melanoma was detected early! It is hard to find silver linings sometimes, but melanoma awareness is a very good thing to have and I think all of us whether caretakers or melanoma patients are much more in tune with getting a medical opinion on a suspicious mole. Best of luck to you and your wife!
                jbronicki
                Participant
                  So glad to hear your update Mark. And so glad they caught your wife’s melanoma so early. Honestly, I never had skin checks until after my husband was diagnosed, if they catch anything it will be directly related to my husband’s diagnosis, I have him to thank for skin checks and the potential to catch anything early. so glad you are stable, but hoping for even better news in the future and that you respond to the combination in this trial. Like Ed, i’ve started looking at this trial, but my gosh, there are so many different combinations, but that is great. Just takes the right one for you. Hugs, Jackie
                  lkb
                  Participant
                    Happy to hear you are stable! Good, good, wishes to you and your wife. Hooray for your diligence!
                    MarkR
                    Participant
                      I have certainly taken the view that we have been quite lucky recently. While my wife’s diagnosis sucks I was very relieved that it was caught so early and can be dealt with relatively easily and hopefully no more trouble.
                      Best wishes to all
                      Mark
                  Viewing 5 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics