The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Thanksgiving

Forums Caregiver Community Thanksgiving

Participant
      Beloved MPIP family;
      Happy Thanksgiving. Today is another day to give thanks. Some of you know my story, some do not. 8 years ago two weeks before Thanksgiving my first wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. Three and a half years later she passed away from complications associated with chemotherapy. Two years ago this Thanksgiving my second wife found a lump and was diagnosed. To this day she remains cancer free!
      Three months after Kathren was diagnosed, I was diagnosed with stage IV melanoma. We actually shared an infusion room during one of my Opdivo treatments. While I continue to have side effects from my treatment, I am NED today and I am giving thanks for that. I give thanks for all of you as well and pray for your health and treatments. I also pray for the legions of caregivers who work so hard along with us. I pray as well for the caregivers, those who stand alongside. This beast is nasty, but will never beat us! Shout outs to Ed, Mike and especially to Bubbles (Celeste) for always being there for everybody.
      Love you all,
      Ted
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          Oh, Ted. I knew one third of that story – but not the first chapter!!! So very sorry for your losses, but so thrilled for your wins. Strength of spirit does not come cheap does it???!!!! Thanks for the sweet shout out. I feel melanoma is a team sport and we have the best crew possible here!!! Thanks for all you do for each of us!! Enjoy your day and many more thanksgivings to come!!! les
      Viewing 0 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics